Unannounced Arrival

After a rather awkward train ride, Oliver and Isabella reached Hogwarts, and the sight of the magnificent castle left Isabella in complete awe.

As the sorting ceremony commenced for all the new first years, Isabella eagerly awaited the moment that would determine which house she would call home. Oliver secretly hoped she would be sorted into Gryffindor, while Henry had his heart set on her joining Hufflepuff.

"Isabella Montclair," Mrs. McGonagall finally called out.

Isabella's nerves prickled as she made her way forward, her steps hesitant and her heart racing. She took a seat as McGonagall gently placed the sorting hat over her jet-black hair. The hat paused for a moment, contemplating on where exactly to place her within Hogwarts' four houses.

"Gryffindor!" the hat boomed, finally declaring its decision.

Everyone cheered as Isabella walked over to the Gryffindor table, her face beaming with joy. She immediately sought out Oliver, enveloping him in a big, tight hug. The moment was filled with a sense of pride and togetherness.

As they embraced, both Oliver and Isabella glanced over at Henry, who wore a disappointed expression. A pang of guilt tugged at Oliver's heart, knowing that it was Henry's hope for Isabella to join Hufflepuff. Oliver just shrugged his shoulders.

However, their moment of celebration was interrupted by Draco Malfoy's mocking voice approaching them. "How sweet is this? The Montclair siblings get to be in the same house together," Draco sneered.

"Not now, Draco," he said, trying to shoo him away, unwilling to let Malfoy dampen their moment.

"How did you manage to make it into Gryffindor? I thought that was only supposed to be for the 'brave,'" Draco sneered, his voice dripping with mockery.

Oliver's fists clenched at his sides as he stood up, his face inches away from Draco's. "I'm warning you, Malfoy," he said.

Just then, Crabbe and Goyle rose from the Slytherin table, making their way over to back up Draco. Their presence bolstered Draco's confidence, making him feel untouchable.

"What are you going to do about it, 'Ollie'?" Draco taunted, further mocking Oliver.

Before Oliver could make a move, Henry stepped in between the two groups of boys, his broad shoulders towering over all three Slytherins. "Do we have a problem here, gentlemen?" Henry's deep voice rumbled, his calm demeanor contrasting sharply with the tension in the air.

Draco seemed to have lost all confidence as Oliver's older and significantly taller brother stepped in, his presence overpowering.

"No, not at all," Malfoy muttered, slowly backing away.

"Alright then," Henry said, placing his hand on Oliver's shoulder, a comforting gesture.

The Slytherins retreated to their table and sat back down.

"Trying to get in trouble on the first day, Oliver?" Henry joked, attempting to lighten the mood.

"I'm going to step outside for a minute before I do something that gets me expelled," Oliver replied, his anger still evident. "Can you watch Isabella for a moment?"

Henry nodded silently, understanding the need for Oliver to cool down and collect himself. As Oliver left the Great Hall, Henry kept a watchful eye on Isabella.

Oliver looked up at the stars as the beautiful moon illuminated the outside world, marveling at their twinkling radiance. In the midst of his stargazing, he noticed what appeared to be a shooting star streaking across the sky. However, as it rapidly approached, Oliver's initial excitement turned into confusion and concern. This "shooting star" was moving far too fast and seemed to be getting dangerously close.

"What the hell?" Oliver wondered aloud.

As the object drew nearer, Oliver could make out its true form - a car hurtling through the air. Panic set in as he heard muffled screams coming from within the vehicle, their desperate cries for help piercing through the night.

With a deafening crash, the car collided with a nearby tree. In a bizarre turn of events, the tree appeared to come alive, its branches transforming into menacing appendages that ruthlessly battered the car, reducing it to wreckage. Oliver stood frozen in shock, mere feet away from the chaotic scene unfolding before him.

The tree finally released its grip on the car, allowing it to plummet to the ground. In the aftermath, two figures were thrown out, one from the passenger side and the other from the driver's side. To Oliver's surprise, it was none other than Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley.

Oliver rushed over to his friends, immediately checking on their well-being. "Harry, Ron, are you guys alright?" he asked anxiously.

"Just about," Harry replied, struggling to push himself up from the ground.

Ron, holding up his wand which was now completely broken in half, cried out in distress, "Look at my wand!"

The car suddenly drove off by itself.

"Well, you guys certainly know how to make an entrance," Oliver said, extending a hand to Harry to help him up. "Let's get you guys inside before anyone notices."

Oliver picked up some of Ron and Harry's luggage and helped them bring it into the castle.

"So, what happened?" Oliver asked, putting their luggage down in the hallway.

Harry sighed. "So, a house elf shows up in my bedroom, we can't get through the barrier at 9 ¾, and we almost got killed by a tree," he said, walking up the stairs.

Oliver raised an eyebrow. "Sheesh, and I thought I was having a rough day."

"Clearly, someone doesn't want me to be here this year," Harry said skeptically.

As they turned the corner, a sinking feeling settled in their stomachs. Standing there, with his cat Mrs. Norris by his side, was Professor Filch – the castle's notorious caretaker.

"Ohhhh, we are in big trouble, aren't we, boys?" Filch said in a maniacal tone, a sly smile playing on his lips.