Separation

"Ahhhhhh!" all the boys screamed in unison as they plunged down into the darkness. Lockhart's earlier comment about the dirtiness of the place now rang true, as they landed amidst a cloud of dust and grime.

"Aw, yuck," Ron exclaimed, his face scrunching up in disgust as he stood up, brushing off layers of dirt from his clothes.

Harry, now steadying himself, took charge of the situation. He turned to the others with a determined expression and issued a firm order. "Now remember, if there's any sign of movement, close your eyes straight away."

"Roger that," Oliver responded.

Harry began walking further into the chamber, his steps measured and resolute. Lockhart glanced at the other boys, uncertainty etched across his face as he questioned whether they would be accompanying him.

"Go on then," Ron said, as he motioned for Lockhart to follow Harry.

Feeling the weight of the situation and the unspoken pressure from his companions, Lockhart reluctantly stepped forward, falling in line right behind Harry.

The group proceeded cautiously. The walls were lined with slithering serpents and whispers of ancient magic seemed to weave through the air. Harry led the way, as he continued deeper into the heart of the Chamber of Secrets.

As they walked deeper into the chamber, their eyes were drawn towards a colossal object sprawled across the ground, capturing their attention.

"What's that?" Oliver, his voice trembling with curiosity, asked the group.

"It looks like a.... snake," Henry declared.

Harry, ever inquisitive, approached cautiously, bending down to get a closer look. "It's a snake's skin," he announced.

"Bloody hell," Ron exclaimed, his face paling as he realized the implications of the snake's presence in the chamber.

"Whatever shed this must be sixty feet long," Oliver observed.

"Or even more," Ron chimed in, his eyes widening at the sheer scale of the creature.

As the weight of their discovery settled in, Lockhart's eyes grew wide with terror, and without warning, he succumbed to the overwhelming fear, collapsing to the ground in a faint.

"Heart of a lion, this one," Ron commented.

But just as Ron let his guard down, Lockhart sprang back up and snatched Ron's wand from his hand, forcefully shoving him to the ground. The sudden ambush startled the group, leaving them momentarily defenseless.

Reacting swiftly, Henry aimed his wand directly at Lockhart.

"The adventure ends here, boys," Lockhart declared, a sinister edge creeping into his voice, hinting at a hidden agenda.

Confusion filled across Oliver's face as he cautiously approached Lockhart, questioning his motives. "What are you doing?"

With an unsettling air of satisfaction, Lockhart met their gaze, the twisted gleam in his eyes betraying his true intentions. "The world will know the story. How I was too late to save the girl. How you four tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body," he revealed, his voice dripping with malicious intent.

Lockhart turned his attention towards Harry, a wicked smile playing on his lips. "You first, Mr. Potter. Say goodbye to your memories," he taunted.

"Obliviate!" Lockhart shouted, his grip tight on Ron's wand as he brandished it in Harry's direction, ready to erase his memories.

Harry closed his eyes, bracing himself for the impending loss. The air was heavy with anticipation, the group frozen in fear and helplessness.

But in a twist of fate, the wand seemed to defy Lockhart's intentions. With a blinding burst of energy, the wand backfired, propelling Lockhart backward until he collided forcefully with the chamber wall. Cracks spiderwebbed across its surface, causing a series of rumbling tremors that reverberated through the chamber.

Startled by the unexpected turn of events, Henry reacted swiftly. He seized Oliver's arm, pulling him back just in time to avoid the cascade of falling rocks that tumbled from the ceiling, crashing down where they had stood moments before.

A formidable wall of rocks had now emerged, effectively separating Henry and Oliver from Harry and Ron, their paths abruptly severed.

"Oliver! Henry!" Ron's voice echoed through the chamber, though it was muffled in the aftermath of the crumbling rock. Coughing, he strained to make his voice heard.

In response, Oliver called back. "Ron! Are you and Harry okay? Can you hear us?"

"We're fine!" Harry's voice carried across the chamber.

Lockhart suddenly sat up, emitting a low, pained grunt. His eyes scanned the chamber until they landed on Ron, a smile stretching across his face. "Hello," he greeted, his voice filled with warmth. "Who are you, my young friend?"

"Uh, Ron Weasley," Ron replied tentatively, unsure of how to approach the situation.

"Fascinating. Who am I?" Lockhart asked. His eyes shifted between Ron and the surrounding chamber, as if trying to piece together the fragments of his lost identity.

Suddenly, Harry's voice cut through the air, breaking the tense silence. "Lockhart's memory charm backfired," Harry called out to Oliver and Henry."He hasn't got a clue who he is."

"This is an odd place, isn't it?" Lockhart said, surveying his surroundings while absentmindedly picking up and playing with a rock. "Do you live here?" he asked Ron, his voice filled with genuine curiosity.

"No," Ron replied, swiftly taking the rock from Lockhart's hand with a sigh of exasperation.

Ron smacked Lockhart over the head, rendering him unconscious.

Harry turned to Oliver, his voice filled with urgency. "What should we do?" he asked, seeking guidance in their dire situation.

Oliver took a moment to contemplate the available options, his brows furrowing as he weighed the risks and possibilities. "You guys stay here," Oliver suggested, his eyes turning towards Harry and Ron. "Try to move some of this rock, clearing a path so we can make our way back through."

Acknowledging the importance of their mission, Harry nodded with determination. "We'll do our best," he assured Oliver. "But what about you and Henry? Where are you going?"

"We'll go get Isabella," Oliver replied.

"Be safe" Harry said.