Epilogue

The Montclair siblings, along with Harry and Ron, gathered in Headmaster Dumbledore's office the next day.

"I assume you all know that in the past few hours, you have broken a dozen, maybe even more, school rules?" Dumbledore asked, his voice tinged with slight disappointment.

The kids exchanged glances, their expressions reflecting their acknowledgment of their actions, and then replied in unison, "Yes, sir," their tone filled with remorse.

"There is sufficient evidence to have you all expelled!" Dumbledore exclaimed, his voice stern.

"Yes, sir," the kids responded once again, their disappointment palpable.

"Therefore... It is only fitting that you all receive special awards for your services to this school," Dumbledore said, a warm smile spreading across his face.

"Really?" Oliver blurted out in disbelief.

"Really," Dumbledore replied, his laughter filling the room, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Thanks, sir," Ron said, unable to contain his joy, his face breaking into a wide, radiant smile that lit up the room.

"Now, if you will all excuse us, I would like to speak to Mr. Potter alone, please," Dumbledore said politely but firmly.

Everyone except Harry respectfully exited the Headmaster's office and made their way to the Great Hall, leaving Harry and Dumbledore in private conversation.

"You killed the basilisk yourself?" Ron inquired, his curiosity spiked as he and Oliver settled down at a table.

"Pretty much. Got a mean bite for my troubles, though," Oliver replied, wincing slightly as he cradled his arm, the memory of the creature's attack still fresh.

"How are you feeling?" Isabella asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

"Fine, just a bit sore," Oliver responded, mustering a reassuring smile to alleviate any worries his friends might have had.

Oliver noticed that a few of the petrified victims had been cured and were now walking around the Great Hall. He hadn't made it to the hospital wing yet that day, and a growing concern tugged at his heart, wondering if Hermione had also recovered.

"Did you see if they cured Hermione Granger yet?" Oliver leaned over to Collin Creevey.

"I'm not sure. By the way, can I get your autograph?" Collin asked Oliver, his eyes shining with excitement.

"Maybe later, kid," Oliver responded, his disappointment evident as he shifted his focus back to Hermione's well-being.

Determined, Oliver made up his mind. He decided that he would go and check on Hermione in the hospital wing, wanting to see firsthand if she had regained her health.

"I'm going to go check on Hermione," Oliver said to Ron and Isabella as he stood up.

"Doesn't look like you'll have to go too far; she's right there," Ron responded, a smile spreading across his face.

Oliver's head whipped around with lightning speed, his eyes widening in surprise. Standing in the doorway of the Great Hall was Hermione herself, a bright smile illuminating her face, her presence filling Oliver's heart with relief and joy.

Oliver's face lit up like a Christmas tree as Hermione sprinted towards him, her eyes brimming with joy, and threw her arms around him in a tight embrace that almost knocked Oliver off balance. They clung to each other, their embrace extending into a timeless moment that seemed to suspend the world around them.

"I was worried. I thought I might have lost you," Oliver whispered, finally pulling away from her warm embrace.

"Only for a minute," Hermione replied, her voice filled with affection, her gaze locked with Oliver's.

"Yeah, well, it was the longest damn minute of my life," Oliver responded, his laughter mingling with relief and love.

"Ew, get a room, you two," Henry exclaimed playfully from the Hufflepuff table, feigning disgust.

"Oh, come on, Henry. I just fought a gigantic snake. Let me have this," Oliver retorted, his voice lighthearted and filled with humor.

"You fought the Basilisk?" Hermione gasped, her eyes widening in astonishment.

"I fought it too!" Henry chimed in, throwing his hand up in the air, eager to join the conversation and share his own heroic tale.

"We couldn't have done it without you," Oliver expressed sincerely to Hermione.

"Thanks," Hermione replied, a modest smile gracing her lips as she accepted Oliver's gratitude.

"Hey! Let's give credit where it's due. I didn't see her down there, fearlessly swinging that sword at that giant beast," Henry chimed in once more, his admiration for Hermione mingling with a touch of playful banter.

"Shut up before I petrify you again," Hermione uttered, her words carrying a mix of jest and genuine warning.

Henry swiftly turned back around in his seat, his face registering a mixture of surprise and apprehension, and promptly fell into silence.

Hermione nervously twirled a strand of her hair around her finger.

"Oliver," Hermione began, her voice soft and vulnerable, "back in the hospital wing, I overheard what you said. About... about your feelings for me." She glanced down, her cheeks flushed with a delicate shade of pink.

Oliver's eyes widened slightly. He gently reached out and took Hermione's hand in his, offering her reassurance through his touch.

"Hermione," he said. "those words I spoke, they weren't just a result of the moment. They were the truth, deep down in my heart."

He took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts and summoning the courage to express himself honestly. "When I saw you lying there, petrified, it felt like my whole world had shattered. I realized how much you mean to me, how you've always been there, lighting up my days with your intelligence, courage, and kindness."

Oliver's eyes locked with Hermione's, his earnest gaze unwavering. "You're not just a friend, Hermione. You're someone who makes my heart skip a beat, someone who I want to be there for, protect, and cherish."

"I may not have all the words to express it perfectly," Oliver continued, his voice filled with a touch of vulnerability, "but Hermione, I really, truly like you. And I hope you feel the same way about me."

He paused, his heart pounding in his chest. "Because being with you, even as friends, makes me the happiest person in the world. And if you'd allow me, I'd love to be more than just friends."

Hermione's eyes shimmered with a mixture of surprise, joy, and affection. She squeezed Oliver's hand gently, feeling her own emotions welling up inside her.

"Oliver," she whispered, her voice filled with tenderness, "you have no idea how much your words mean to me. You've always been someone I admire and care about deeply."

A small smile graced Hermione's lips as she continued, "And I think, deep down, I've always felt something more too. I'd be honored to be more than just friends, Oliver. I'd be thrilled."

Isabella and Ron erupted into applause, their hands coming together in a show of support. Meanwhile, Henry, unable to contain his teasing nature, began making exaggerated gagging noises. However, before he could take it any further, Hermione swiftly grabbed a book from a nearby table and delivered a well-deserved slap to the back of his head.

The playful commotion settled, and Oliver, with a hint of nervousness in his voice, asked Hermione, "Soo... does this mean you're my... girlfriend now?"

Hermione's eyes sparkled with affection as she leaned in, closing the distance between them. With a tender touch, she planted a kiss directly on Oliver's lips, the moment brimming with warmth and tenderness. As she pulled back, a captivating smile graced her lips, her eyes locked onto Oliver's.

"Does that answer your question?" Hermione asked playfully.

Oliver's face lit up."Yeah... I guess it does," he replied, his voice filled with genuine happiness.