The Dueling Club

Oliver, Hermione, Harry, and Ron all gathered in their classroom, relieved to see Oliver's arm finally healed after one painful night.

"So, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asked.

"Of course! Don't you see?" Ron exclaimed. "Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he went to school here. And now he's teaching Draco how to do it."

Oliver, still grappling with confusion, interjected, "What the hell is this 'Chamber of Secrets' you all keep talking about?"

"It's an ancient hidden chamber within Hogwarts. Legend has it that only the heir of Slytherin can open it. Inside lies a monster capable of great destruction," Harry explained.

"HUH?! There's really some creature capable of mass destruction just sitting beneath Hogwarts?" Oliver exclaimed.

"Keep your voice down," Ron urged, his eyes darting anxiously around the room.

"Sometimes, I can't help but regret coming here," Oliver confessed.

"But then, you never would have met me," Hermione said, her smile warm and genuine, melting away Oliver's worries like a ray of sunshine.

Oliver couldn't help but mirror Hermione's smile."I guess you're right," he replied softly, his heart feeling lighter knowing that she was by his side.

As the chatter settled and attention turned towards Professor Lockhart at the front of the class, Oliver's gaze followed suit. Lockhart's flamboyant appearance drew the attention of everyone present, but it was his words that held them captive.

"Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me?" Professor Lockhart called out, emphasizing each word for maximum effect. The class nodded.

"In light of the dark events of recent weeks," he continued, his voice carrying a solemn tone, "Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club. I am going to train you all up, in case you ever need to defend yourselves against the dark forces of evil."

Lockhart took off his robe and threw it into the crowd of students, causing a group of girls to catch it and erupt into excited squeals.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape," Lockhart announced.

All heads turned as Snape made his way to the front of the classroom, his presence commanding attention.

Lockhart addressed the uncertain students, attempting to ease their worries. "No need to worry, children. You'll still have your potions master when I'm done with him," he said, his words dripping with unwarranted confidence.

They both took out their wands and bowed respectfully, acknowledging the start of their duel. Taking ten steps back, their eyes locked with determination as they prepared to face off against each other.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape shouted.

In an instant, Lockhart's wand was sent flying out of his hand, tumbling through the air before crashing to the ground. Lockhart's attempt to appear composed faltered momentarily, a flicker of surprise crossing his face, before he quickly regained his composure.

Lockhart flashed a disarming smile, attempting to brush off the embarrassment. "An excellent display, Professor Snape," he quipped. "But let's not forget, my dear colleague, that it would have been far too easy for me to counter your spell. I simply chose not to."

Oliver exchanged a skeptical glance with his friends, questioning Lockhart's hollow boast.

"Perhaps it would be best to first teach the students how to block unfriendly spells," Snape said.

"An excellent suggestion," Lockhart acknowledged, his eyes searching the room for eager volunteers. "We'll need a couple of volunteers. How about... Montclair and Potter? What do you say?"

Snape raised an eyebrow. "Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy, perhaps?" he proposed confidently, throwing his arms up in the air with a subtle yet distinguishing gesture.

Oliver and Draco both made their way to the front of the class. "Good luck, Montclair," Lockhart said, offering a brief nod of encouragement as he passed Oliver.

"Thanks," Oliver replied.

As Oliver and Draco stood face to face, an electric tension filled the air. Their eyes locked, both determined to prove themselves in the upcoming duel. They raised their wands, the anticipation building around them.

"Scared, Montclair?" Draco taunted.

Oliver smirked, refusing to let Draco's taunts rattle him. "You wish," he retorted, his voice oozing confidence.

They took their ten steps back and turned to face each other.

"On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent, and disarm only," Lockhart instructed.

"One... Two..."

Before Lockhart could finish counting to three, Draco shouted, "Everte Satum!"

Oliver was sent flying backwards, landing directly on his previously injured arm. Pain seared through him, causing him to clench his teeth in agony. His friends gasped, their eyes filled with concern as they rushed towards him.

Hermione reached Oliver first, her voice laced with worry. "Are you alright, Oliver? He cheated!"

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart scolded Malfoy.

Still lying on the ground, Oliver grabbed his wand and shouted, "Stupefy!"

Malfoy was sent hurtling across the classroom, crashing into the wall with a resounding thud.

The room fell into a stunned silence as everyone processed what had just occurred. Oliver, clutching his wand tightly, slowly rose to his feet, his gaze locked with Draco's crumpled form. His heart raced with a mix of adrenaline and triumph, as he realized the extent of his spell's impact.

"I guess Oliver is the winner of this duel," Lockhart said, raising Oliver's hand as all the students cheered.