Chapter Five

a6d ran away to the first place he could think of. Callahan's home. He couldn't go back to the base and stay in his place. The cat couldn't face his brother. He knocked on the door of Callahan's and when the muted friend came, he knew something was wrong. Callahan didn't question or push anything, instead, he let the poor cat inside and led him to the spare guest room. a6d parked the Herman in the garage. He didn't want any friend to find his location.

And so a6d immediately headed to bed and tried to sleep. But he couldn't. The image of the fear in Skeppy's baby blue eyes tormented him. Replaying over and over. Tears formed and rolled down his cheeks. The lost cat curled up in the bed and cried hard and regretted his actions so much. The countless times of pushing his friends away. Rejecting their comforting hugs and care. Shutting them away.

He pushed them away to not get hurt. He pushed them away to grieve alone. He pushed them away because he believed they wouldn't understand his pain. They were so wrong for leaving BBH and not helping him.

But now, a6d realized that his actions did cause harm. Pushed and shutted them all out. Treated them poorly. Hurt and invalidate what they were also going through. He wasn't the only one having a difficult time and made it harder for his brothers.

The cat looked at his hands. The stained bloody hands that had stole people's lives. The horror he had played in front of his brother. He gripped his hands and shaked. He needed to apologize to his friends tomorrow. a6d needed to let his family know the truth and the mistakes he had done.

It was difficult but later on a6d was able to fall asleep in the night.

The next morning, a6d got up and cleaned himself up. He did his best cleaning out the blood and checked on Herman. When he encountered Callahan in the dining room, the young adult was anxious to reveal the truth of his stay but the mute did not pressed any questions. He simply asked if he was okay. a6d gave a quick reply that he was fine and gave him a brief summary of what happened.

He was nervous but Callahan handled it well and was direct. The truth being told at him was harsh but necessary as he needed to be aware of his gross actions towards his beloved family. Callahan supported him and gave him comfort before the young cat had to leave.

Herman was parked outside and was ready to leave. He gave a delightful meow and waited for the cat get on and headed back to the iDots.

When the young French cat approached the base, he hesitated and wanted to turn around but he pushed forward. The two approached the base and he noticed how empty it all was. The only living organisms there were the horses in the stable and the beavers. He slowed Herman to a stop and went to the small home. There was a white sheet of paper stuck on it. a6d approached it and read it;

At the Alliance base.
Skeppy :P

He took off the paper from the wall and looked at it. Then the cat opened the door, he wasn't focused on the reunion with his friends yet. Being there in the base alone have him pulled forward. a6d solemnly walked down the hall and made his way to a familiar door. His hand reached over to the door knob and opened it.

a6d found himself in his older brother's room. The room have been collecting dust on the drawers and the shelves. A little white dog brushed by a6d and walked inside. Rat scurried her little legs over and jumped on the red bean bag. A cloud of dust puffed up and settled down. A small cute sneeze came out from her which resulted in a chuckle from the sad cat. Rat finally sat down and watched him do whatever he was doing.

He sat down on Bad's bed and laid back. His hands softly glided on the patterns of the blankets. The memories played in his head. The times of spending time together. Growing up as brothers. BadBoyHalo shyly asking a6d if he could adopt him and be his guardian. Dealing with trauma and forever tainted lives and leaning onto one another. Tears began to swelled up as he remembered the horrible downsides of the history.