Chapter Twelve

"Jeez, how far is this old man's place?!"

Spifey looked over at Finn who was laying back on the horse in boredom. The reptilian's tail swung in the air. The horse was very annoyed by the reptilian's composure. He gave a light heart smile, "Well, he had to stay hidden, you know?"

Finnster grumbled. Muttered to himself that this walk have been going on for hours.

The beaver looked forward. They have been traveling for about four to three days and recently breached the jungle biome. The jungle was immense and difficult to navigate especially with horseback. Why if a6d was here, he would have a mental breakdown with Herman. They looked around, taking in the beauty.

Luscious greenery of huge leaves, long vines, and giant leaves that stacked on the trees. There were melons and watermelons growing in the bushes. Perfect for a quick snack if have a blade or smash it on the ground like they did. Cocoa beans growing on the tree trunks of the jungle trees.

They could hear the parrots chirping and singing in the air. Once in a while, they could spot one or two flying by. The parrots came in different shapes and sizes. Blues, limes, light gray, and reds. Ocelots scatter at the sight of the adventurers and watch them from the bushes.

It was a beautiful jungle. There haven't been any signs of humanity touching the beautiful green with its tainted sickening hands. The ecosystem was healthy.

"How much further?" The reptilian asked as he leaned forward on his horse.

Spifey pulled out the map from his bag and looked into it. They should be getting near. The Laboratory was reported in be deep into the jungle and pretty hidden. Captainsparklez gave them a tip that they need to find the Lost Temple as it could take them there. He had also given them the code to access a tunnel. A gray triangle was marked on the map. It was the jungle temple. It was declared to be small and possibly covered in vines as it was old. Very old. They were pretty close, all they have to do now was to spot it.

"Well, we are close. We just need to find it."

"Ugh... man," whined Finn. The reptilian looked around. Trying to spot the temple He thought for a moment and asked, "Think those Wither soldiers are searching as well?"

"No doubt. We just have to sneak around if we spot any."

Finnster nodded. He looked up to a tree and shot his zip gun at the trunk. He called, "I'm going to take a look around. Maybe I can spot them or the temple here." Pulling a trigger on the gun, the gas propeled the blue reptile up and over.

His shouted to him, "Be careful!"

Resting his feet on the branch for support, Finn crouched and hid behind a thick leaf. He slipped on his googles and twisted the knob on the side to zoom in. There was nothing so far. The only moving organisms were the birds, ocelots, and other moving animals. Yellow animals but nothing. Maybe the soldiers are hiding? If they were in the jungle also.

Finn sighed and lifted his hand up to aim his gun at another nearby tree. Maybe he could get another good view from a different point. Finn pressed the trigger and got pulled over. He repeated the routine and tried but nothing. He let out a grumble and shook his head 'no' to Spifey. But the reptile didn't gave up. He looked around and decided to get higher and further.

The reptile ran off the thick branch and jumped. With quick agility, Finnster grinned as he shot at the trees and flew to tree to tree. He looked around, scanning the greenery below and up to see a gray and green building. As Finn propelled himself to another tree, he spotted something in the distance. Something reddish brown. Immediately, he moved himself to the tree and hid. He adjusted his goggles.