Chapter Ten

_[Phase Coast]_

It was dusk. The water pulling in the magma then out. The night was cool and breezy as clouds swept over the coast line and wind blew gently. Tired soldiers stood or leaned in their posts, clinging onto their bows or swords. A weapon of their specialty. They posted, covering the beach line and the barrier from the entrance of the old ruins that once stood an entrance border to the Atlantic Kingdom. An old welcoming town. In a tall nether brick building, a small post office stood. A table in the middle with a board next to it with notes and a map. A towering masc Wither skeleton dressed in gold and netherite riches. A Netherite sword blade laid in its respectable sheath. She stood upon the map, analyzing and read notes that were given to her. A tight line rested on her mouth.

Without looking, the Wither Skeleton spoke, "We could land a surprise attack in the border city with the Mutant Creepers and Spiders to drive them out. Once we wipe out the small force, we take to the ocean. As they try to recover, the other towns will arrive with their offenses and take over. We will attack the Kingdom then before they close the portal. By the time they do, we sneak in anyone including you with an invis pot."

Her listening soldiers nodded and they discussed further. Flaws or loopholes that could occur. As they chatted, a distant figure leaned into the dark corner of the room, arms crossed and listening. His white eyes stared into the small cluster. Watching their every move and lips moving.

Cunning grins, sly eyes, fists pimping in the air. The enemies stood around the table with calculated looks and egotistical grins. The being pushed himself off and vanished in thin air. The Wither skeleton's eyes darted at the little corner. The white eyes disappeared. She scowled. Her hand made their way to her device and pressed onto the button. Before she could mouthed the name, the figure returned. He lowered his eyes at the skeleton but did no move. Instead, he stayed in his spot.

The Wither skeleton smirked and turned her attention to the meeting. Murmurs whispered the room. Fearful eyes darting across one another. Then a hand slammed to the table. The figures turned to the giant Wither skeleton. She declared, "We will strike in the morning."

And morning was planned. Massimo sent all the visitors back to their posts and rested up. Hours went by in the night but soon the nightfall was interrupted when opening Wither soldiers standing in the borderline between their territory and the enemy's territory were shot and killed. Remaining troops scrambled to their guns and aimed at any potential sources while another alarmed the others through communications.

Massimo was warned and she quickly got up and grabbed her sheath and swung it over her shoulders. The Wither skeleton barged the door opened and stepped out in the hall and headed towards a room not so far. She grabbed the door knob and swung it open. There inside was a dark empty room. A figure of a man stood there in the middle, back turned towards her. The Wither skeleton ordered, "Herobrine. Get them."

Without needing to check, the General left the room and door wide open. She marched out of the building and hurried to fight any troops. Fury filled the cold empty eye sockets. An arrow shot at her, with swiftness, the general dodged it and surveyed the scene. The attack was coming from one side. She hummed.

They're planning to drag them out of the base. But not on her watch. Heavy footsteps pounded the earth. Mutant creepers and Mutant skeletons dragged their feet forward to the defense line. Archers stood in their place and continued to shoot arrows. The Wither skeleton stayed in her spot, watching the scene unfold.

At the defense line, the Atlanteans had splashed an invisible potion and ate a gapple as they moved in the operation. TapL and Zelk scaled along a side, using the empty ruins as barriers and careful not to get hit. They waited for an opening. Though the battle will take long but they have the patience.