Chapter Fourteen

Quiet.

The horse's hooves clomped on the rocky dirt and the vehicle purred softly. a6d held the map in his hands. He kept his eyes on the map and the coordinates that displayed on Herman's head. Once in a while, he would glance over at the other. Skeppy kept his distance away from him. He occupied himself by looking ahead and texting on his device. He barely exchanged any words to him. Only when it was necessary. Like taking breaks or eating or asking how much longer. Anything else, he would snap.

a6d took a long look at the map then tapped on the screen. The coordinator was set on the location of Lovely World. He twisted the knob and zoomed into the place between them and the place. A little box in the corner determined the average distance. a6d read it, about 15 miles more and two more hours. He noted, "Two more hours. We're close."

"Alright," Skeppy coldly snapped. His word sharpened.

The French cat frowned slightly then sighed.

"What?"

a6d froze. He didn't intended him to hear that. He shook it off, "Nothing. Let's get to him."

He didn't replied back. a6d didn't expected it. But maybe.

He turned back to Skep and tried to speak, "Skep... listen-"

"I don't want to talk about it, liar," the disgruntled man interrupted. He sped up the pace of his horse, going ahead. a6d's frown grew. The guilt ate him.

"Skep... please," a6d begged. "Can we please talk about this?"

Skeppy grumbled.

"Skeppy!" a6d throttled the handles to speed up. He reached his hand out to him. "We got to-"

SLAP

a6d withdrew his hand in shock. Skeppy glared at him with his hand up. He glowered, "Don't touch me. I don't want to talk." The older male continued down the path. a6d trailed behind him devastated. His heart tore.

And so they continued walking.

a6d stared down. His eyes on the glowing screen. He reached down at his pocket and pulled out a folded paper. He unfolded it and glimpsed at it. It was the trio. They were on the parkour set. Skeppy was hanging upside down on the bar and grinning. Bad was perched on the edge of the block, like a hawk, next to the bar where one of the ends was connected to. And there was a6d standing on the bar softly smiling with his headphones pulled in. A friend of theirs had took a photo of them and gave it to them. Before they left, a6d took it with him.

Their happiness was his motivation. And now his motivation to save Bad and his relationship with Skeppy.

"Meow?"

He looked over his shoulder to see Ian's head poking over. He was resting on his shoulders. The gray purple cat's green eyes stared curiously at the photo. a6d petted his cat's small, metal head and smiled gently at him. He looked down at the photo then tucked it away in his pants's pocket.

[- -|||- -]

The two finally arrived at their destination. One thing to say was how massive the place was. They knew it was large but not this large. Two tall gate doors met them. A border reached far and wide from them of colorful shades. It seemed no one was there. Skeppy went forward and knocked on the gate.

Nothing.

Skeppy tried again. This time louder.

Finally a response.

"Who goes there?!" A frightened voice shouted.

Skeppy stepped back and shouted, "Two travelers! Skeppy and... a6d!"