xiv. the gang splits up

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

chapter fourteen, the gang splits up

His hands rested within hers as they spoke within the warm comfort of his room in the base.

    Luke had quickly been taken out of the medbay, allowed to return to normal with no restriction. Lora had been with him the entire time, taking a leave of absence from command to escort him back and speak with him.

"You have to go, Luke."

    He removed his hands from hers, brushing his fingers through his unruly hair. When he saw Ben right before he passed out from the cold and exhaustion, he did not know what was real. It had been years since the death star, years since Ben died, why hadn't he contacted him before? Luke didn't even think that someone who was gone could even come back, he didn't know if the force worked like that.

He didn't know much about anything anymore.

So many doubts ran through his mind, "What if it's not real."

    Lora tried to get him to understand her reasoning, "I know just as much about the force as you do Luke, maybe even less, but you and I both know there is only one way to find out if it's real. You must go to this planet and meet this Jedi Master."

     Luke stilled for a second, thinking very intensely about what this could mean for him. He could finally become a Jedi, like his father. Perhaps this Yoda had even taught his father as well, and by extension he maybe knew who his mother was. He could learn so many things, all he had to do was try. All he had to do was trust himself and trust that the force had actually sent him his mentor.

Reluctantly he nodded, "I'll speak to the General tomorrow morning."

    Lora smiled, Luke was going to finally begin his training again. Something he had been dying to do ever since Ben passed. Her lips began to move to say something, but they were interrupted by an alarm blasting on her comm.

"Commander Strallerrén, report to the command room instantly, over."

The two share a concerned look, this couldn't be good.

   Leia rushed to the command room, Lora following closely behind. They came to a stop next to the general, hearts pounding thinking about what could be happening. Hoth had been a relatively quiet base for the last two years, something had to be highly suspicious for the general to call for them.

   "Princess, Commander, we have a visitor." The two women paused, fear bubbling within their chests. The senior control officer continued the general's thought, "We've picked up something outside the base in zone twelve, moving east."