prologue

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

prologue, do not go gentle

The rebel base on Yavin IV was immersed in complete chaos. Rebel officers and pilots rushed around the hallways of the base, hurrying to get their ships and soldiers ready. The high-stress nature of the job allowed some relief from the overwhelming feeling of complete panic, but newer recruits could be seen with scared expressions.

Lora couldn't blame them for being afraid, just hours before many in the alliance firmly believed that their fight was over. The expression rebellion never dies was never more true because of the rogue rebels that volunteered to make all of their sacrifices valid.

Lora walked confidently through the base, watching the faces of fellow rebels pass her by. Some had indiscernible expressions on their faces and others she could read like an open book.

Walking beside her, was a young woman who wore white royal robes and had an intricate hairstyle of two braided buns placed on either side of her head. She walked with an aura that demanded respect, it was obvious that she was born to lead.

Lora instead wore a uniform that consisted of an olive green jacket and a pair of light brown pants; her brown hair was a singular braid that was messy from her constantly running around the planet.

As they walked down the hallways, people didn't pay any mind to the two. Everyone on base had better things to do than pay attention to two of the most important people in the alliance.

"Leia, what did your father ask of us? "

Earlier, while Lora was chatting with some of the rebels she commanded, Leia had rushed into the room to grab her, the only words the girl spoke were, "My father gave us a mission."

Lora gave her friend a nod, waiting for her to continue. Leia shook her head and peered around the room, "It's classified, we will have to go somewhere private."

Lora sighed but followed her friend regardless.

Now, the two approached the command ship and were escorted onboard by some of Leia's crew. Leia turned to her friend, her eyes searching Lora's face for any sign of worry. Lora's facade was beautifully crafted and even Leia couldn't see through it— on the inside, she was freaking out.

"We are to report to Admiral Raddus, then once we enter the atmosphere outside of Scarif we are to take my ship to Tatooine."

Lora scrunched her nose in disgust, "What's on that terrible sandbox?"

Leia turned to Lora with a smile and spoke, "An old friend."

Lora stared at her, expecting her to tell her who this old friend was. Leia sighed, "I can't tell you who until we get there, we can't risk anyone but us knowing."