vii. hokey religion

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

chapter seven, hokey religion

Lillora woke up in the same position she had fallen asleep in. She was wrapped in the light brown poncho, her face smushed into the material, her face facing the door as she laid on her side. She opened her eyes and rubbed them, trying to correct the blurriness as she sat up.

She noticed the door was closed and turned to see that they were still in the deep blue environment of hyperspace. She wondered how long she had slept, but time was irrelevant at the moment. She ran her fingers through her hair in disgust, it had been a while since she had taken a shower and she was beginning to feel the dirt and sand that had accumulated in her scalp.

Her hands removed the ribbon that held her messed-up braid, she carefully redid the single plait, getting rid of the flyaway hairs that obstructed her vision. Lora thoughtfully played with her long hair, deciding that after they returned to base and rescued Leia—from wherever she may be in the galaxy—that she would cut her hair short, it was way too much to deal with.

Leia would gladly cut it for the girl, she had a thing for hair. Lora was always fascinated when the girl did her own intricate braids, the stubborn princess refused to let anyone else do it for her claiming she needed to be independent. Lora admired that about Leia, her ability to be strong constantly, and the way she confidently led her people and soldiers. Lora knew that if Leia was still alive, which she had to be, that Leia would be spitting insults even in the face of imminent death and danger.

It was just who Leia was. They both were taught to be willing to die for what they believed in, but Lora was never as courageous as her best friend.

Lora left the room, still wearing Luke's poncho. She made her way to the main hold, she was thankful she had a nap because she felt instantly more alert and present. She wouldn't be sleeping once they arrived at Alderaan. As soon as Bail received the plans, she would be off either destroying the Death Star or searching for Leia.

The main hold contained everyone but her and Han; Chewbacca, Artoo, and Threepio sat at the table playing a game of Holochess. Lora assumed that Artoo was winning as the Wookiee yelled and slammed his large furry hands on the table, effectively scaring Threepio. Artoo did not back down, continuing to press his offense.

Then she noticed Luke, he stood in the middle of the hold, his lightsaber ignited releasing a cool blue tone over the room. Ben stood, watching the boy carefully as he deflected lasers from a seeker droid. He fumbled around, having a hard time concentrating as it shot rapidly at him. Lora watched him curiously, as she stood in the hallway. He was trying extremely hard to focus and impress Ben, so he hadn't noticed her yet.

He moved with the droid, his stance was rough, but manageable as his arms held the lightsaber out in front of him. He would need to practice and train hard, but Lora could see him becoming great in the future.