Chapter 9 (1-1)

☲☲☲☲⋇⋆✦⊛⋇⋆✦☲☲☲☲

"𝑰𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆?"

☲☲☲☲⋇⋆✦⊛⋇⋆✦☲☲☲☲

"Dumbledore, wake up," you grunted, turning on the other side of the bed. The girl who was deemed to be your roommate goes to your side of the bed and opens the curtains.

As she did, the soaring daylight flashes between yours and two other Gryffindors who do not appear to be morning people.

"You seriously need to get up. You do not want to be late for your first day of class,"

Hermione scolded irritably annoyed by you not getting up for a few minutes now. Your eyes fluttered open and swayed at the clock that was hanging on the wall.

"Call me Y/N, and please, for the love of Merlin, it is only six in the morning! Classes do not start in two hours, let us sleep."

You flung a pillow on your head, wanting to go back to your deep slumber.

"There is still breakfast, you indeed do not want to miss it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and if you don't-"

You groaned -- sitting up, knowing that there is no way that you could convince her to wait for an hour more sleep. You saw her have a pleased grin and walk towards her bed and read a book; One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi

You just remember -- you will be having Herbology first thing in the morning. "Why do you look so gloomy?" She asks as she sees you staring emptily at your blanket.

"Maybe because I just awoke in the most ghastly time," a sigh followed -- "I know, we can ask each other questions about Herbology to make your morning a bit better."

You gave her a dumbfounded look, "I don't know how answering a problem so early in the morning can make you better but okay."

"Okay first, what will happen if you consumed Aligriwid?" She asks, closing the book before -- as you open your trunk to get your Gryffindor robe.

"The consumer will be mute for seventy-three hours -- they will not be able to speak, cough, sneeze or make any form of noise," you interpreted as you closed the bathroom door.

"That's right, expected from someone who lives in Hogwarts. Okay, ask me a question."

"What's your favourite food?"

You didn't hear a single word until a few seconds later.

"Herbology, not food." You heard her faint voice.

"Come on, you thought about your answer for a second and the answer is not even close to what I asked."

"I said earlier to ask each other a Herbology related question. Not food."

You sighed again. You just want an hour more sleep.

"What will happen if you stew and distil a Crumpton's Crumpets into some sort of wine?"

You finally asked as you turned the showerhead on and let the water run down your skin.

"If stewed and distilled into a kind of wine, it is said that it will give pleasant dreams to those who suffer from nightmares."