Chapter 18 (1-1)

☲☲☲☲⋇⋆✦⊛⋇⋆✦☲☲☲☲

"𝑰 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐 𝒐𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒅𝒐."

☲☲☲☲⋇⋆✦⊛⋇⋆✦☲☲☲☲

"What now?"

Y/N stared at the trio with folded arms as Ron and Hermione proceeded to argue in the back and Harry with beseeching eyes. Honestly, Y/N had heard him the first time. She just wants him to say it again.

Harry groaned, rolling his eyes. Seriously, this girl can be the death of him. With the bluster going on behind him — he doesn't even know if he's thinking right because right now, his mind is going anywhere but his brain.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "And?" Y/N teased, a sly smirk crawling her face. "And we need your help getting Malfoy off our back until we find a way to tell Hagrid to let go of the dragon." She smiled at this. Harry let down his pride for her dear uncle. But a grimace cuts off her little moment when she hears footsteps.

"Here's what you're going to do, you three." Ron and Hermione stopped bickering and fully listened to her.

"I'm going to find Malfoy and try to block him off as much as I can. Close the windows and lower your voice in the hut. After the dragon hatches, I need you to calmly explain to Uncle Hagrid that he needs..." she trailed off her words. She suddenly felt sorry. Hagrid had done many things for her yet she can't do the same. That explains the age. But she could do many things too, she thought. She could talk to her grandfather.

No, that would only make it worse. But you know what's more dangerous than that? A dragon simply grew fast and then one day it decided to leave the hut and find students around the castle. He just wants a dragon...

He'll understand. Y/N is sure that her uncle will understand. A dragon is not suitable for a school where students and children lurk around. She'll definitely not skip a day in school and be at the top of her class to take Hagrid to Romania.

"Y/N?" She got out of her thoughts once Hermione had grabbed her shoulder and shook her up a bit. "I'm sorry, as I was saying. Tell him carefully that a dragon is not adequate for a school." The three nodded all at once. Y/N heard the footsteps louder. She pushed the three to go ahead and do what she told them to do.

She strolled towards the footsteps — hoping that maybe, just maybe, that was Malfoy. And she was right. He was following the three and if they wouldn't have called her for help they would have been caught. Or he already did.

She and he shared gazes as they walked past each other. Y/N calmed herself down first before stopping and rotating her body to face Draco. Yet she didn't expect him to be already in halt and looking at her with those grey eyes that scream for forgiveness.

She doesn't know what to feel. She wants to believe that Draco is sorry this time but she has a hard time finding the trust in that. Tolerating something that he had done would only make it worse. But for now, she needs to act like she deluges in his empty-skulled apologies.

"Y/N can we talk?" He sighed. She only nodded — walking to the wall beside her and resting his back on it. Draco did the same, his hands behind him whilst one leg was up. "Ever since the Quidditch match, you've never talked to me — is something wrong?"

Eyebrows perked up as she gave her a look that said, "You know exactly what is wrong." He seems to catch up on what she was telling him. He grumbled, knowing very well that she would catch the news even though he tried so hard not to let her notice. Ron's her friend. Of course, she will know. Something that aggravates him dreadfully.

"I'm sorry-"

"I always hear an apology from you yet you never stay true to being sorry,"

Y/N expected him to defend himself and tell her that he is sorry but he just stayed silent. Falling back on the wall as he blinks down at the ground. The hall was crammed with the hums of the wind and the sharp silence that neither of them wanted to dull out.

Just after that, she decided to stop this nonsense. Silence will take them nowhere. And she still needs to distract him more. "Hungry?" Draco glimpsed up at her. He stared for a few seconds before mumbling no. She snorted, recognizing that facade that he puts on every argument he has with her. "Follow me,"

Without saying another word, she sets her track to the kitchen which she was sure was so busy at midday. Draco heeded her command. He would never say it out loud but he loves this side of hers. After a ruckus of rebelling against each other — she would ask if he was hungry out of nowhere and would drag him to the kitchen. It's more than adorable for him. It was lovable.

The usual, she would get a picnic basket that already has a comfortable blanket inside that she hides somewhere and put lots of food in it, some drinks and will thank the elves for their hard work before running out with him in the black lake.

This became a habit of theirs whenever Draco visited her and started an argument. It always ends in a heartful picnic by the black lake whilst they tell each other stories of anything that they could think of.

As they finish doing just that — Y/N feels a little drowsy and Draco can notice. They were feeding their eyes with the beautiful scenery of the clouds that painted the sky whilst the pure wind gushed through the black lake, making a soothing feeling when it hit them — both of them sloping their backs on the tree that they always adored ever since they were at the age of ten.

Her head lulls whilst her eyes are beginning to be droopy. Draco lets her do that for a mere minute and finally, had she fallen asleep — her head dropping down on his shoulder.

He fixes her on his lap, making her have a more comfortable nap until the next class. His gaze stays on her, occasionally moving a piece of hair that dares to cover her face. A soft grin makes its way up to his face. He whispered something that he would never in his lifetime say whilst you are awake as he leans down on your forehead, planting a small peck.

"I would forever pretend to be an idiot if this is the return I get..."