15

Seungkwan had always thought that the bond between Jeonghan and Joshua was unbreakable. They were more than just a group; they were a family. They were soul mates. So when he heard what Joshua said, he didn't know how to process it. It was a bombshell revelation that hit Seungkwan like a ton of bricks.

To say, he was shocked would be an understatement. He was furious. When did things turn out this way? Joshua loved Jeonghan. And he thought Jeonghan loved his hyung just as much. He wanted to see them happy together but Jeonghan deceived Joshua.

He will make Jeonghan regret hurting his hyung. The door to Jeonghan's room stood before him, and Seungkwan takes a deep breath before entering.

When he finally finds Jeonghan lounging on the couch, a magazine in hand, Seungkwan can no longer contain his anger. He storms towards Jeonghan, his voice rising with each step. "Seungkwan? What's the matter?" Jeonghan asks.

"Jeonghan hyung, how could you? How could you hurt Joshua?"

Jeonghan looks up, surprise and confusion etched on his face. He places the magazine aside, sensing the urgency in Seungkwan's tone. "Seungkwan, what are you talking about? I would never hurt Joshua..."

Seungkwan takes a deep breath, trying to collect his thoughts. He faces Jeonghan directly, his eyes burning with anger. "You acted like you cared for him. I thought you loved him. I thought you would protect him. How could you just play with his feelings"

"I would never..... I do love him a lot" Jeonghan sighs, sadness tingeing his voice. "What happened? Shua said something?"

Seungkwan scoffs, an incredulous laugh escaping his lips. "How are you so good at lying hyung? Why do you act like you like you like shua hyung? Why do you do that if you don't actually like him?" What do you want?" he retorts, trying to make sense of the situation.

"What makes you think I'm lying?"

"You hurt shua"

"You know I can't"

"You can and you did"

"I am the one hurting Seungkwan. Are my feelings nothing? I love him so much but he doesn't like me back. What am I supposed to do?" Jeonghan says sincerely however, Seungkwan's confusion only intensifies. Jeonghan sighs, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "Seungkwan, you're mistaken. It's not me who doesn't like Joshua – it's him who doesn't like me. He probably hates me."

Uncertainty clouds Seungkwan's mind, and he furrows his brows. "What do you mean? Joshua has always been so kind to everyone. Why would he hate you?" he asks, trying to piece together the puzzle.

"I kissed him without his consent and then started avoiding him because of the guilt. I should've apologised and tried to fix things up but I did nothing. Anyone would hate a jerk like me. Besides, shua likes Mingyu. We were never meant to be"

"What? Why do you think he likes Mingyu?"

Jeonghan motions for Seungkwan to sit on the edge of his bed, and reluctantly, Seungkwan complies. Jeonghan begins to explain, his voice filled with frustration.

"It is obvious. The members all know as well"

"They do?" Seungkwan's mind races, trying to unravel the complexities of the situation. The pieces, however, fall into place when Jeonghan mentions Seungcheol's name.

"Yeah. I found out from Seungcheol"

"Seungcheol? What did he say?"

"That shua said he had feelings for Mingyu and he wanted Seungcheol to help him confess to Mingyu."

"And you believe it?" It doesn't actually comes off as a surprise to him as he knows how much Jeonghan trusts the members. They are all like families afterall. Jeonghan was easy to manipulate and anyone could gaslight him effortlessly without him ever knowing. He was just that innocent.

"Doesn't it make sense? They are made for each other."

"Hyung" Seungkwan's expression softens, understanding dawning on his face. He reaches out, gently gripping Jeonghan's arm. Jeonghan is a fool. What else should he have expected? "Cheer up"

"What–"

He cuts Jeonghan off before he could say anything else. Seungkwan thinks he knows what must have happened. He stood up abruptly and his voice seeths with anger once more but the disappointment weighs deeper. "I have to go somewhere. I will come back later. Bye"

A/n: Shortness has its charm.......right?