16

Seungkwan's heart pounds as he tries to organise his thoughts. Who would have thought the leader he trusted so much turned out to be this vile? He does not really want to trust his instinct, but how can he not doubt him when things are so apparent?

Seungcheol had been pulling strings behind the scenes, attempting to break Joshua and Jeonghan apart, no one knew about it at all. His friends are being manipulated by someone he cared about so deeply. Why did he do all this?

Summoning every ounce of courage he has, Seungkwan takes a deep breath and confronts Seungcheol, "Hyung," Seungkwan calls out, his voice surprisingly steady despite the swirling emotions inside him.

"Yeah,"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

Seungkwan takes a step forward, his eyes locked with Seungcheol's.  "What have you been doing, hyung?" He asks, but Seungcheol remains nonchalant, acting as if he knows nothing.

"What have I been doing?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"What?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Why are you trying to tear Joshua and Jeonghan apart?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Be honest, hyung. Why are you hurting them?"

"Well......Because I can't stand Shua," he answered nonchalantly.

Seungkwan's eyes widen in disbelief. "What? How can you say that? Shua is one of the sweetest people we know!"

"Relax Seungkwan. It's not that deep. They were not meant to be together anyways Seungkwan. "

"What?"

"Jeonghan belongs to me. Not Joshua"

"You like Jeonghan?"

"Wasn't it obvious? You are so good with reading shua as if he's an open book, then why don't you know this. Why can you never see through me? You never cared for me just like everyone else, "

"I care for you, hyung. We all do"

"No, you don't. All you can see is Joshua. You are acting just like everyone else. Why? Did he seduced you as well? Did he work his magic on you as well?" His voice sounds so cold and heartless that Seungkwan wonders– Is he the same Seungcheol he once knew?

Seungkwan is extremely taken aback by Seungcheol's words. He had never seen him like this before – so cold, so heartless. "No, Seungcheol! You're completely wrong about him! Shua is genuine. He cares about all of us! Why are you talking bad about him?"

Seungcheol looks at Seungkwan with cold, calculating eyes, seemingly unbothered by any of the accusations. "Why shouldn't I?" he responds, his voice dripping with venom. "I've had enough of Joshua. I'm tired of how everything revolves around him. Even Jeonghan, the one person I thought understood me, fell under his spell."

"Jeonghan is genuinely happy when he is with shua hyung. Why are you acting this way?"

Seungcheol's eyes narrows and his voice drips with venom. "Happy? Shua is nothing more than a self-centered, attention seeker. He wants everyone wrapped around his finger, doing his bidding. He doesn't care about anyone else but himself."

Seungkwan can't believe the envy that burns within Seungcheol's words. He can not believe Seungcheol has so much hatred for shua who has nothing but love for everyone. He had always known Seungcheol was competitive, but this visceral hatred towards Joshua is something he can't comprehend. Joshua was kind, caring, and had never done anything to deserve such animosity. How could someone even hate him?

"Seungcheol, this is not like you. Jeonghan and Joshua are happy together, and you're trying to destroy that for your own selfish desires?" Seungkwan's voice tremble with disappointment, and the hostility lurking with Seungcheol's eyes disgusted him. This was not their strong yet caring leader who loved the members more than anything else.

Seungcheol let out a hollow laugh, devoid of any remorse. "Selfish desires? Perhaps. But I want Jeonghan for myself. I've loved him for as long as I can remember, and watching him love someone else, especially Joshua, it's unbearable."

"You can't always have what you want, hyung,"

"You know what? I only give, but I get nothing in return. I love you all and cared for everyone, but no one ever cared for me. No one cared to understand me. But you are all quick to notice even a small thing related to shua. Everything was about Joshua. "

"It's not like that, hyung,"

Seungcheol's face hardens, and his eyes flash with anger. How long has he been suffocating himself with all this hatred? "You still don't get it, do you? He's playing both Jeonghan, Mingyu, and everyone. Shua is nothing but a slut, using his charm to get what he wants from everyone. And he's succeeding, isn't he? Look how everyone dotes on him! Don't be foolish and believe in his lies."

Seungkwan recoils at the derogatory words spewing out of Seungcheol's mouth. How could someone be so heartless? Anger rises within him as he listens to Seungcheol's hateful words. Instantly, he raises his hand and slaps Seungcheol across the face. The sound echoed through the room, a stark contrast to the silence that followed.

Seungkwan breaks the silence once more. "That's enough!  I won't stand here and listen to you degrade Shua or Jeonghan any longer. Is this how little you think of our friendship? And It's not their fault that your opinions are so twisted. Seriously hyung, I am disgusted by you"

Seungcheol lets out a cold laugh, seemingly unfazed by Seungkwan's display of anger. "You're blind, Seungkwan. But it doesn't matter. I'll do whatever it takes to protect them from their own self-destructive ways. Even if it means becoming the villain you see me as. They are the twisted ones and I'm just fixing everything."

Seungkwan feels a mix of anger, frustration, and disappointment in Seungcheol. He had once admired him and looked up to him as a strong and dependable friend. But now, all he can see is a  selfish person – someone who takes pleasure in causing pain and destroying relationships. "You're wrong. You ruined everything, but I am going to fix it. "

"Try it,"

"What?"

"Try it, and you'll end up ruining someone else."

"What do you mean?"

A/n: I'm really sorry for doing this Seungcheol ㅠㅠ