thirty-two.

QOTC: I've always wondered how you guys found my book? I'm curious to know (if you even read this anyways lol)

* * * *

I STOOD THERE, WAITING FOR anyone to say anything. They all looked at each other, turned to look back at Loki, and busted out laughing.

"Banner, I thought you were kidding when you said he was going crazy." Steve said in between laughs.

"I thought I was too!"

The look on Loki's face was priceless.

"Y-you have to believe me. She's standing right there! Right behind you!" Loki pointed at me. I was standing directly behind Tony, who turned around tauntingly.

"Oh, yeah? Tessa, come out, come out wherever you are." Tony laughed, closing his eyes and sticking his hands forward.

"No, no, no!" I yelled, trying to step away from his hands but they passed right through me.

Tony froze and opened his eyes. They wandered around the room before he said, "Did someone turn down the thermostat?"

What?

"Tony, that sentence made so sense at all. You're supposed to say, 'Did someone turn down the temperature.' Because you can't say no to a thermostat." I laughed at my own joke as Loki rolled his eyes.

"What's a thermostat?" He asked, dumbfounded.

Throughout my laughing, I heard them talking. "It wasn't me. I don't even know where it is." Banner shrugged, leaning back in his chair.

"Where are we, anyways?"

"We're at my house. Well, one of them, actually. I have a few scattered around the U.S. but just encase Stark Tower was destroyed, like now, I made my own underground house."

"You built it and everything?"

"With my own two hands." Tony beamed.

"Let's not get cocky now, Stark."

Tony and Steve babbled, throwing a small insult every now and then. I stopped laughing and sat up straight from my spot on the ground.

"Well then what was that giant blast of cold air? It felt like I stuck my hand in an ice cube."

I snickered.

Bruce spoke up. "Yeah, I felt that earlier too. When Loki was in the bathroom, right before he opened the door he was talking to someone, and then a giant blast of cold air came through the door."

"That's what I'm trying to tell you. Azeli is here, she's in what we call 'The Balance.'" Loki explained for the next few minutes what Soul Connectors were and why he was the only person who could see me, etc, etc.

A few moments of silence were shared among everyone, before they all looked back at Loki. "You're being completely serious?"

"I wouldn't joke about her being here."

"Where is she now?" Tony asked.

Loki pointed at me and everyone's eyes turned towards me.

"All I see is a mist."

"What?" I asked incredulously. Loki repeated after me.

"How can you see her?"

"Well, I mean, I'm the closest to her right now, and I really, really want her here with me. Now." Tony sighed, his eyes glancing up and down, trying to make out any details.