1. Abhimanyu, the Father!

Abhimanyu Birla, 6ft tall, 30 year old guy walked out of his house which is no less than a Palace with 6 storey, Last one being his Personal. He is rich. He is intelligent. He is handsome. He is everything anyone would want to be. He has a younger brother in the name of family who is 14 year old, 16 years younger to him. He adopted the kid when the kid was 8 and he was 24. That is the only relation he ever had until now. 

He walked out of his house for a jog. He is very particular about everything is his life. His timings, his activities, his fitness, his food, his health, his looks, his clothes, his Palace, his ..... Everything. He wanted everything in a certain way. And he did everything he could to get it done in that particular way. 

He did his jogging in peace while his army of guards followed him from a certain distance to keep his identity under the covers. He returned back home after he is satisfied with jog and directly walked into the shower. He didn't want to do the gym that day. He took a peaceful shower for almost 30 minutes and walked into his closet. He went through his collection in which more than half are black. He picked out a black shirt and black formal pant. He took his sweet time to get ready and walked down to the 5th floor looking at the time as it was close to 8. 

He walked into his brother's room and the moment he entered, he got that on his face which was missing since morning, A SMILE!! But very soon smile turned into something which could be classified as anger or irritation or annoyance or a mixture of three looking at the state of the room. Books were everywhere spread but the kid was very poor in his studies! Clothes were piled up on a chair. Shoes were all over the place. All the elctronic gadgets were spread over the bed, ON! Great! His brother didn't even mind to turn them off before sleeping. This is the reason the kid was not allowing him to enter the room since last 5 days and he was also busy with his work to wake the boy in the morning. He shook his head. The boy is turning into a spoilt brat. A smile made its way in the realisation that this is how he exactly wanted the boy to be. But this was going a bit overboard. Few things should be taken care of at the early stage. He cautiously walked to the bed in order to not get tripped on anything and sat beside the boy, his brother, his adopted child, his Atharv, Atharv Birla!! 

He gently shook the boy - Aru.. Bacha its 8 in the morning! You need to wake up.

Aru, Atharv whined in sleep and turned to the other side. Even though, Abhimanyu had a reputation of not having patience, he is extremely and unusually patient with people he loved and only one person comes under the category, his child! 

Abhimanyu, finally after 15 minutes of coaxing and caressing was successful in waking up the boy who sat down and gave a brilliant smile - Good Morning Baba! 

And just like that his heart was filled with warmth. After 2 yrs he adopted the kid, the kid started calling him Baba instead of Bhaiyya. He never knew he could get happy with that mere gesture. He kissed his child's forehead - Good Morning Bacha. Take a shower and come down. We will have breakfast.

Atharv nodded with a smile but soon the smile turned into worry as he looked at the state of his room. He meekly looked back at his father, who has already schooled his expressions and put on a serious face. He immediately looked down. In the course of 6 years, the man standing in front of him became his father from being to brother. The journey of being a younger brother to a being a child has been so beautiful for him.

Abhimanyu - We will talk about this after breakfast. For Now, Go take a shower and come down. 

Atharv nodded and scurried away. Abhimanyu smiled to himself and walked out. He loved being a brother but he couldn't stop himself from becoming a father. 

Abhimanyu was waiting for the boy at breakfast table while the boy ran down on the stairs giving him a mini heart attack, which he gives daily. Atharv walked to the dining table and sat down infront of Abhimanyu and Abhimanyu's deadly glare was completely missed on the boy as he was busy digging onto his breakfast. Abhimanyu shook his head. The boy is always hungry. He served himself and spoke after taking a bite - When did you sleep last night?

Atharv looked up with a nervous smile. There is a reason he was avoiding looking at his father. He was guilty on too many counts.

Abhimanyu didn't have to look up to know the boy slept late last night when he didn't get any answer. But he looked up only to find his child's not nervous smile. 

Abhimanyu - I asked you something Atharv!

Atharv just didn't know how to lie when his father took that tone looking into his eyes. And he had very horrible experiences of the consequences when he lied. He spoke the truth - 3Am.

Abhimanyu nodded calmly but Atharv knew that was calm before storm. Those eyes were shooting daggers already. 

Abhimanyu had another bite of his pancake - And when is your bed time?

Athrav sulked - 9 PM.

Abhimanyu nodded - Eat. You are getting late for school. We will talk once you come back from school.

Atharv's face fell. His father always did that. He gave more than enough time to think about his mistakes but little did the boy knew that his father himself needed time to have a calm yet effective conversation.

Abhimanyu and Atharv moved out of the house. Abhimanyu dropped the kid at his school before he moved to his College!! And the moment he dropped his kid off to school, gone was the man who behaved so softly and with utmost patience. This is Abhimanyu, the Professor Birla, who have a very dangerous reputation among his students. 

Comments are appreciable.
Happy Reading.
~Rithika