17. Whispers of the Storm!

Disclaimer: (I am not beneath adding this disclaimer in every chapter)
Comments matter a lot. This will be the last chapter if I don't get enough comments. Votes doesn't matter to me, dear readers. But your opinions makes a world of difference. If you are genuinely interested in this story. Do comment.
~Rithika

In the heart of the Birla household, Akshara moved about the kitchen with a sense of serene oblivion. The aroma of spices and warmth filled the air as she endeavored to conjure comfort in the form of a home-cooked meal. The rhythmic clattering of utensils against the backdrop of simmering anticipation echoed her attempts to bring a sense of normalcy to the strained atmosphere.

Unbeknownst to her, an impending storm lingered on the horizon, a tempest that threatened to disrupt the delicate balance of their familial sanctuary. The recent undercurrents of tension had not escaped her notice, yet the gravity of the approaching tempest remained concealed.

In the kitchen, Akshara, with unwavering determination, focused on the task at hand. Her hands moved with a practiced grace, chopping vegetables and stirring pots, a culinary symphony in the midst of an impending storm.

The persistent unease that had settled within the walls of their home drove her to seek solace in the familiar rituals of nourishing her family. Little did she know that the storm, fueled by silent struggles and unspoken conflicts, was poised to unleash its force upon the very foundation she sought to fortify with love and sustenance.

As the aroma of spices wafted through the kitchen, Akshara's world seemed momentarily shielded from the brewing turmoil. The homey fragrance served as a brief respite, a fleeting illusion of normalcy, as the storm gathered strength beyond her awareness.

Akshara beamed with genuine happiness as the rich aroma of the chicken dish filled the kitchen, a tantalizing symphony for her taste buds. This particular recipe held a special place in her heart—it was Atharv's favorite.

As she stirred the pot, Akshara's thoughts momentarily drifted to her son, who seemed to be navigating a labyrinth of emotions and challenges in his adolescent journey. The recent turbulence in their home had cast shadows over their once-cherished moments, and Akshara was determined to restore the warmth that had temporarily dimmed.

The wisdom of parenthood whispered to her that adolescence, while a tumultuous phase, could indeed be a passing storm. The key, she believed, lay in the collective effort to navigate it with understanding and resilience. The fragrant chicken dish on the stove became a metaphor for her desire to rekindle the connection with Atharv.

With a determined spirit, Akshara set the table, hoping that the familiar aroma and taste would serve as a bridge to reach Atharv, wherever he may be lost. The dinner table, laden with love-infused dishes, stood as a symbol of her unwavering commitment to weathering the storms of adolescence and emerging stronger as a family.

Atharv on the other hand entered home, tired and exhausted. But he is excited. He and his friends planned something for the night. He couldn't wait for it.

Atharv's mind buzzed with the details of the plan, each element carefully crafted to ensure an unforgettable experience. The secrecy of it all, shared only among close friends, added an extra layer of excitement. As he made his way through the familiar surroundings of home, he carried with him the bubbling enthusiasm of youth, eager to immerse himself in the unfolding adventure of the night.

Akshara, catching sight of her boy entering the home with a radiant smile, couldn't contain her joy. The sheer brightness of his expression was like a balm to the tensions that had lingered in their household. Her heart leapt with happiness as she called out to him, the warmth of affection evident in her voice.

"Aru"

Atharv looked at Akshara and hugged her tightly. Atharv's sudden embrace took Akshara by surprise, causing her to stumble slightly, but she quickly steadied herself with a hand on the table. The tight hug was a welcomed gesture, and Akshara felt her heart and soul dancing in happiness. As Atharv pulled back, he planted a sweet kiss on her cheek, his words echoing with genuine affection, "I love you, Akshu."

The declaration melted away any lingering worries, and Akshara reciprocated the sentiment with a loving smile. It was a simple yet profound moment that spoke volumes, reassuring her that the bond with her son could weather any storm.

She pulled back and kissed his forehead "I love you too, Bacha! Jaa. Jaldi fresh hoke aaja. Maine tereliye tere favourite chicken Fry banaya."

Atharv smiled and ran inside skipping every alternate stair, heedless of Akshara's cautious warnings.

As Atharv settled down and began devouring the chicken fry, Akshara chuckled, "Aaram se Aru. Itni kya jaldi hai?"

Atharv, in between bites, shook his head, "Aaj friends ke sath plan hai, Akshu. Bas aadhe ghante mein nikalna hai." The excitement in his eyes was palpable, a reflection of the thrill that awaited him in the company of his friends.

That got Akshara tensed "Tune apne Baba ko bataya?"

Atharv chuckled, dismissing her concern with a wave, and shook his head, "Come on, Akshu. Ab mai bada hogaya hu!" His nonchalant attitude just added onto Akshara's worry.

Abhimanyu, his footsteps heavy with the weight of the day's frustrations, entered the house with a palpable air of tension. The remnants of a stressful day clung to him like a stormy cloud, and his mood was as volatile as a smoldering ember ready to ignite. The moment Atharv's nonchalant response reached Abhimanyu's ears, it was as if a match had been struck, igniting the simmering anger within him. The idea that Atharv considered himself a grown-up, immune to the need for parental permission, fueled the flames of anger within Abhimanyu.

"No one is stepping out of the house today, Akshara!"

Abhimanyu's voice boomed in the mansion, making Akshara and Atharv flinch, startled by Abhimanyu's stern and commanding tone. The atmosphere in the room shifted.

Atharv and Akshara got up, exchanging puzzled glances as Abhimanyu walked with determined strides. He approached Atharv and, in a tone as cold as ice, commanded, "Finish your food and meet me in the study."

Atharv could do nothing but nod.

Akshara, visibly confused, asked, "Kya hua Abhi?"

Abhimanyu looked at his wife and uttered, "Tum bhi aajao Akshara."

Without offering any explanation, Abhimanyu walked away, leaving Atharv and Akshara in a state of bewilderment. The heaviness in the air intensified, a cloud of uncertainty hanging over the mansion.

Lots of Love
~Rithika