9. Professor Birla

Comments are appreciated and they keep me going

Two weeks had swiftly glided by since Akshara's arrival at college, leaving many students and even the faculty puzzled. It was nothing short of a marvel that Akshara, known for her unruly and carefree demeanor, hadn't landed herself in any trouble with her strict professor, Mr. Abhimanyu Birla.

The corridors of the college were filled with whispers about the mysterious new girl who seemed to have escaped the notorious professor's wrath. Akshara was, in many ways, an enigma. Her talent shone through in unexpected ways, and yet, she held an unapologetic disdain for books and academics.

In the bustling college life, where students were often engrossed in the grind of assignments and lectures, Akshara stood out. She was street-smart, possessing an innate ability to navigate through challenges that life threw at her. Her unconventional methods and quick thinking set her apart from the conventional college crowd.

Professor Abhimanyu Birla, on the other hand, had a reputation for being an uncompromising academician. His strict demeanor, sharp gaze, and no-nonsense approach had the students walking on eggshells. Everyone wondered how Akshara, with her messy nature and carefree attitude, managed to escape the professor's notice.

There was a certain magnetic pull between Akshara and Abhimanyu, a connection that extended beyond the classroom. Little did their fellow students know that there was more to their relationship than met the eye. The couple expertly concealed their personal connection, maintaining a professional facade during college hours.

A large percentage of students were waiting for the day where Akshara gets scolded by Abhimanyu because two weeks is the largest anyone has escaped Abhimanyu's disciplinary wrath.

Akshara on the other side has been trying her best to not get scolded by Abhimanyu, the professor. Because the moment he would scold her, her tap opens, no matter if its her husband or professor. He had that effect on her. She hated books and academics but she could manage just fine even without reading them, this is one credit she could give it to her parents. That is the only thing they gave it to her, Genes!! But that day she couldn't hold her anxiety. Because she was given an assignment and she did it as well. Abhimanyu is going to evaluate those today in the class hours calling one by one to his cabin. That has always been his evaluating style. That is what she feared the most. She hoped her assignment will be able to impress the professor Birla!

She was startled out of her thoughts when Atharv nudged her -Akshuuuu!

Akshara looked at him - Kya?

Atharv - Kaha khoye hue ho?

Akshara sighed dramatically - Aaj meri assignment ka evaluation hai. Mujhe bas dar lag raha hai ki vo khadoos professor ko agar mera kaam acha nahi laga tho?

Abhimanyu raised his eyebrows - Khadoos haa?

Akshara - Maha Khadoos!! I am yet to see the man smile. Humesha aise sade hue shakal banake ghoomta hai.

Abhimanyu gave a sarcastic smile - Ofcourse.

Akshara chuckled but whined the next instant - Mujhe aaj college nahi jaana Abhi.

Abhimanyu gave an incredulous look - KYU??

Akshara - Agar meri assignment achi nahi hai tho?

Abhimanyu sighed. He was tired of listening to the same thing since the previous night - Akshara! Agar assignment achi nahi hai tho.. Kya hojayega?

Akshara pouted and looked at her plate - Tum daantoge!!

Abhimanyu sighed and looked at Atharv who was already kind of glaring. But his son looked too cute.

Atharv - Kyu daantoge aap mere Akshu ko?

Abhimanyu hardened his gaze - Pehli baat tho mai aise hi nahi daant tha hu! If the assignment is not upto my standards, students are supposed to bear it. There are no two ways about it. Aur aisa kya hai daant khane mein?

He turned to Akshara - Galti karoge, tho consequences face karna padega na! Stop cribbing about it because you are not getting a leeway for being my wife.

Akshara got up and marched away. She was not expecting an leeway out of her miseries for being his WIFE!! She want just expecting some motivation and encouragement from her husband.  She knew he would never mix professional and personal barriers. And why would he even think that she would need a way out of it? What does he think of himself? Egoistic and high headed Stupid!!

Abhimanyu realised his mistake almost the next instant. He palmed his face. He shouldn't have said that. Especially when he knew his girl is not the one to escape from anything! She can be a hundred things but not an escapist.

Atharv - That was mean Baba!

Atharv walked out.

Abhimanyu walked to his room only to find Akshara organizing her stuff for the college in a furious way. He walked to her - Akshara..

Akshara ignored him and continued with her work.

Abhimanyu tried again - Akshara, I am sorry. I didn't mean it in that way.

Akshara ignored his rant - Chale Abhimanyu? Late horaha hai college ke liye.

She walked out without looking back.

Lots of Love
~Rithika