6. HIS WIFE

Comments are appreciated
Happy Reading
~Rithika

Abhimanyu and his cute family sat down to have nuggets brought in by Chef. Atharv settled on Abhimanyu's legs while Akshara made herself comfortable beside Abhimanyu. Meanwhile Abhimanyu sat down on the couch with his legs resting on the table infront of him with his kid on his legs and his WIFE to his left holding his bicep. He pulled her a little more closer while she munched her nuggets watching the television. He closed his eyes and leaned back with a soft smile on his face. 

He can never forget how he met Akshara for the first time. The girl in his arms and the girl he saw 2 years ago are too different. The first time he met her, she was 20 and broken. She was sitting alone in a Pub and drinking alcohol, her eyes red and puffed like she had been crying for hours, or may be days. For some reason, he just couldn't see her that way. She looked too young to bear the pain which her eyes reflected. He never looked back at any women until that day but he couldn't make himself to look away from Akshara that night.

Memories clouded his vision taking him back to 2 years....

Abhimanyu entered the pub. It was almost 11 in the night. He stepped out of his house after making sure his child slept. He tucked the boy in properly and came out to relax himself. He was never a fan of alcohol. He didn't even try it to know its taste and the high it gives. He had always been inquisitive but not towards negatively attractive things. He is a successful mysterious businessman running AB group of industries. But for people, he is a college professor and he likes to keep it that way. 

The reason he needed to relax that night was Atharv. The boy got into a fight for the 3rd time in a row that month. He didn't understand how to deal with him. He just can't lash out and he didn't know how to make the boy toe the line when he has behaving like a brat. That bratty behavior of his child came out as a surprise. He needed to be calm to think how to deal with it. He had many options running in his mind. Like consulting a counsellor or may be him taking parenting classes or may be he could read books to know child's behavior. He knew he had a lot of influence on the kid and he wanted to absolutely careful before exerting his rights. 

With all these thoughts running in the back of his mind, he walked to the bar counter and ordered himself a mocktail. He swirled the glass and started taking sips slowly analyzing his kid's behavior for the past month. That is when he heard a loud voice which reached his brain crossing all his thoughts bringing him into the pub for real. He winced and looked aside to see the owner of that irritating voice and he found not so irritating face. 

He turned around completely to take a look of the girl, something which he did for the first time. He himself was surprised with his behavior. He took a sip and observed...

Akshara shouted once again asking for another drink but the bartender was not giving into her. She had already drunk more than she could actually take. And she didn't look like 20 in any angle. If not for her Aadhar card, they would have never let her inside. 

Akshara looked at the bartender pissed off and walked to the dance floor with not so steady feet. She was high, on her emotions as well as on alcohol. The amount of alcohol which made her wobbly didn't make her forget the pain she was going through and that is the reason she is even more pissed. She came to the pub, quite rich one, to take alcohol and forget the pain, but that stupid drink was not working. 

She jumped, danced and she did whatever she felt like on the dance floor caring nothing about the world. She was done pretending to be the happy go lucky girl. She is so done to behave like a girl with clear choices in life. She is so very done being the best daughter and best sister. She let out her pain jumping like a maniac, all the while a pair of eyes watched like she is the only one present in the bar.

Abhimanyu couldn't make himself look away from the girl. She was doing something on the dance floor which is not defined yet by any dictionary. It was a mixture of Dance, Yoga, Exercise, Aerobics and what not. He looked at her amused. She looked cheerful but he could see through the pain. And for some annoying unknown reason, he didn't like it. 

His eyes blazed when he saw someone touching her inappropriately taking advantage of her condition, he walked straight to Akshara and pulled her into his arms with force and glared the man who was trying to touch her. The man scurried away. He was baffled with his own behavior. He was about to apologize Akshara for touching her without her permission but when he looked into her eyes, HE WAS LOST. His heart skipped a beat. Their proximity and the intensity in her eyes made his heart race.

And it was same with Akshara. The moment she looked into his eyes, her heart skipped a beat. She didn't think anything and leaned forward pulling him into a kiss.

Abhimanyu was too stunned to react. He didn't expect her to do that. But he liked it. Those soft lips on his lips. It felt different and it was his first Kiss. He pulled her closer and reciprocated the kiss holding her in a possessive way. 

And that is how he tasted alcohol for the first time in his life.

Lots of Love
~Rithika