Getting ready

Entering the main part of the train with Silas, I could see the thousands of capital residents piled outside waiting to get a good look at us. My nerves reached a high as the train came to a stop and Star came over to us.

"Come on dears we have to make a good first impression," she announced, guiding us towards the doors. "Don't forget to smile."

Silas and i stood hand in hand as the doors slided open and we were met with the exited faces of those of the capital. We were escorted through the crowd by a group of peacekeepers. All of the capital citizens looked like clowns; their faces were full of makeup making them look almost terrifying.

My grip on Silas' hand tightened as we entered the building. However, the group of peacekeepers grabbed my arm and tried to take me in the other direction.

"Come with me," one of their rough voices said to me.

I let go of Silas' hand and complied with them, not wanting to get into trouble.

The peacekeepers guided me down the plain metal halls and into a small room by myself. They gave me instructions to undress and put on the hospital gown laid out for me. I did i was told and got changed and sat on the cold, steel table.

After a few minutes 2 ladies entered the room and began to get supplies out of the draws and their bags. One of them told me to lay back and i did so, lowering my back onto the table. The two women hovered over me and examined my body, whispering things to each other. They made me take a shower and they got to work on making me look beautiful.

⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆

After a long and painful couple of hours, i was finally finished with them and they left me in the room by myself. I could still feel the sting in my legs from when they had waxed me. The silence was broken when the door opened and closed revealing a tall looking man entering the room. I sat up as he came over to me and he smiled.

"I'm sorry about all this," he said sincerely.

I smiled back at him as he came and sat next to me.

"So you're here to make me look pretty?" i asked him curiously.

"Well that and i'm here to make you look presentable to help you get sponsors," he replied softly. "I'm Axel by the way."

He put his hand out for me to shake and i gladly shook it back. He got up and brought out the most beautiful dress i had ever seen. It was an innocent shade of green with little daisies sewn into the fabric. It had sleeves which started at my elbows and went down to my wrists and it was quite flowy below the waist.

 It had sleeves which started at my elbows and went down to my wrists and it was quite flowy below the waist

(Abby's dress above)

"You like it?" he asked with a grin on his face.

"Yeah, its beautiful," I replied in awe.

"Come on lets get your hair done first," he guided me into another section of the room and I sat on the chair in front of a huge mirror.

He started on my hair, braiding it and putting it in 2 buns at the back of my head. He then started on my makeup, putting a light base, a bit of mascara, some green eye shadow to match my dress and some eyeliner.

Once he had finished, i put on my dress and looked at the mirror. I looked beautiful.

"Wait up, one last touch," Axel spoke coming over and pinning an artificial flower into my hair. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I replied with a bright smile.

⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆

It was time to meet up with the other tributes and get ready for the tribute parade and i was extremely nervous. I hated being the centre of attention and here i am, about to be shown off to the whole of Panem. Upon entering, i immediately saw Silas standing with his stylist and Chaff who were talking away. I examined the other tributes. It was crazy to think that only one of us will be alive in a few weeks. I saw the tributes from district 1 and 2; they looked strong and intimidating and must've been on the older end of the tributes. There was no way was winning against them. Whilst looking around i saw another girl who looked around my age standing by herself - she looked terrified. I could tell she was from district 12 from her outfit. I decided to walk up to her and start a conversation.

"Hi," i spoke, nervousness clear in my voice.

"Hi," she responded shyly.

"I'm Abby, i'm from district 11," i tried to start up a conversation.

"Cool, i'm Jess and i'm from district 12," she smiled. "You look pretty by the way."

"Oh um, thank you," I blushed. I hated compliments they always make me blush.

"Hey Abby," i heard my name being called.

I turned my head to see Silas walking over to me with a smile.

"Wow you look nice," he remarked.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I laughed.

He was wearing a suit which was the same green as my dress, also having daisies sewn into it. His wavy hair was cut short at the sides and was swept forward.

"It's time to go," he announced holding his hand out for me to take. I gladly took it and said goodbye to Jess and headed towards the chariot.

Here we go.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Just so you guys know Silas and Abby are not flirting okay they have a brother sister bond so don't take that the wrong way 😭
Anyway I'm going on holiday tomorrow so my updates might not be as frequent.
ILY guys
Stay safe
~Abby x