Forgiven

It had been a few weeks since our first day of training and quite a lot has changed. Silas and I haven't spoken since that night and I have almost mastered the act of survival. Jess and I have also got closer and I have learned that she is quite good with an axe. We have agreed to be allies in the arena and I'm happy that we did.

Today was the day of our individual assessments where we would show the game makers our talents and they would give it a score out of 12. I knew I wouldn't get a high score as I didn't really know much to impress them.

Even with everything that had happened with Silas I have still worried about him. Losing your family could do a lot of damage to you and him losing his this close to the games must've been even worse for him. He was one of my best friends and I really want to salvage any sort of friendship we had before the games.

⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆

All of the tributes were sat waiting in a room for our individual assessments. We were sat by districts which meant I was sat next to Silas. While the other tributes we're having their own little conversations, Silas and I were sitting in silence. It was quite awkward between us now and I didn't know what to say to him.

My leg was bouncing up and down from my nerves and my sweaty hands were clasped together between my legs.

The first tribute was called and I realised how long this was going to take. Every tribute got 10 minutes to present their chosen skill and everyone went one at a time. I was the 4th to last person so I'd be sitting here anxiously for hours.

All of a sudden, a hand was placed on my shoulder and I whipped my head around to see that it was Silas'. He looked at me with guilt in his eyes and he looked a lot paler than the last time I had seen him.

"A-Abby," he started, his voice weak.

"I'm sorry. For what happened, please. Please forgive me," he begged, tears welling up in his eyes.

My moth was slightly open from the shock. I never expected him to talk to me let alone apologise.

"It's okay, I forgive you," I smiled and hugged him.

We sat like that for a few minutes and we talked about all the things we had missed out on with each other while we waited for our assessments.

⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆

"Abby Moore, district 11," the robotic voice called.

It was my turn. I stood up but Silas stopped me from moving any further.

"You're gonna do great okay?" Silas reassured me.

"Okay," I repeated.

I walked towards the door and looked back one last time and smiled.

I entered the assessment room and immediately knew what I was going to do.

The assessment room was just like the training centre and you could see the game maker and other important people sat above you.

The game maker walked towards the front and looked at me.

"You have ten minutes to present your chosen skill," he announced and sat back down on his chair.

I was ready. I immediately went over to the survival part and grabbed an armful of wood and placed it on the ground. I then went and grabbed a dummy and tied a noose around its neck. I hooked the rope around a bar and tried my hardest to lift it up so it was hanging. Once I had managed that, I easily lit the fire beneath it.

In my mind, that dummy was president Snow for what he did to Silas' family.

The game makers seemed fairly impressed and I headed out of the room with a small smirk on my face.

⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆

Back at the apartment, me, Silas, Star, Chaff and Silas and I's stylist were sitting on the couch waiting for our scores to be shown on the screen. I was slightly nervous, if I didn't get a good score I would be less likely to get sponsors.

The scores began to be shown on the screen starting from district 1. The career districts got high scores of course.

Once district 10s scores were shown it was my turn.

"Abby Moore," the presenter started "with a score of... 8!"

I let out the breath I didn't realise I was holding in. I can't believe it, I got a good score. Silas patted me on the shoulder.

"Well done Abby, I knew you would do it," he smiled.

I smiled back at him.

Now it was Silas' turn.

"Silas Clark, with a score of... 12!" The presenter exclaimed in shock.

My jaw dropped. A 12 is impossible to get, how did he manage that!

"Omg, congratulations," I hugged him with a laugh of joy.

"Thank you," he chuckled back, wrapping his arms around my small body.

That evening was probably one of the best ones that I had had since I arrived in the capital. Silas and I were on good terms, we both got good scores and we had i huge celebration at dinner. I finally had my appetite back too, which I definitely needed before the games.

But, how long will this happiness last?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Sorry for not updating for a few days I've been quite busy. I come home tomorrow!
I didn't really know what to do for this chapter but I think it turned out alright. But! I do have some good ideas for the upcoming chapters.
Also please don't be silent readers, I love to read comments and see your opinions on things. I'd also love some tips on how to improve my writing.

Anyway I'll see you soon
                                            ~Abby x