Home sick

Waking up to the smell of pancakes, I rushed out of my bed and headed straight to the dining room. Pancakes were my favourite.

I reached my seat and I could already hear Silas' chuckles next to me. I grabbed the maple syrup and whipped cream and generously added them on top of the pancakes.

I scoffed down the food with a smile on my face.

"Today is the day of the tribute interviews," Star spoke up getting everyone's attention.

"Your stylists will be expecting you in around and hour so if there's anything you want to do before then I'd go and do it now," she stated, singing the last part.

Silas and I looked at each other and laughed - we knew exactly what we were going to do.

⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆

The stairs to the rooftop were long and tiring but it was worth it. The rooftop is Silas and I's new favourite hangout spot.

We finally made it to the top and Silas opened the door and the morning sun instantly beamed down on us. He gave me his hand and helped me up and we sat on the grass by the edge of the roof.

We sat there in silence and it was so relaxing just admiring the view.

"Hey look what I've got," Silas broke the silence, holding out a slice of cake wrapped in tissue in his hand.

I swiftly grabbed it out of his hand and started running off.

"Hey," he chuckled getting up and running after me.

I laughed as I fled away from him, him doing the same. He was much faster then me so he caught up rather quickly. He grabbed me by the waist and lifted me off the ground, making animal noises. I squealed at the sudden movement but our laughter never ceased.

He put me back down and split the cake in half (giving me the bigger half of course.)

We sat back down and enjoyed the last peaceful moment we would have that day.

⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆

After getting waxed and cleaned once again I sat and waited for Axel to arrive to get me ready for my interview. It didn't hurt as much this time around - probably because it hadn't been that long since they had last done it.

I had to prepare myself for what they were going to ask me at my interview. They were most likely going to ask me about my sister and how I volunteered. I don't know how i'm going to be able to talk about her or my brother without crying. 

The door clicked open, distracting me from my thoughts.

"How are you doing my little fighter?" Axel asks with a smile, shutting the door behind him.

"Okay, I guess," I looked at the ground.

"What's wrong," he came and sat next to me with a look of concern.

I didn't know how to respond to that. A lot was wrong right now.

"I just miss my family," I responded, that was the easiest answer.

He looked at me, pity drowning his features.

"You know what," he started, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder, "you'll see them after the games, if I could bet i'd bet on you."

I furrowed my brows. Why does he have so much faith in me? Wait, no. He's probably just trying to make me feel better for the interview.

"Come on, lets go get you ready," he got up and guided me to get ready.

⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆ ★ ⋆

I stood in front of the mirror, staring at myself once again. It's crazy how someone can look so innocent and deadly at the same time.

My dress was quite mature compared to what I was used to. It was a dark green colour - which reminded me of the forests back home - and had thin straps on my shoulders. The dress showed off the tiny bit of cleavage I had on my still growing body. 

(Abby's dress above)

Axel walked up behind me and gave a small smile. 

"President Snow actually picked the dress," he said pursing his lips.

I felt bile rise up in the back of my throat at the mention of his name. I hate him.

A peacekeeper came into the room telling us it was time to head out and go to the interview. 

I was not ready for this.