Headache

---Orion's POV---

Luck was most definitely NOT on our side.

Not only had we managed to somehow lose sight of Elijah, forcing us to split up even further in an attempt to find the hybrid and get him back before the plan was messed up, I had somehow been tasked with finding the Siren on this island.

Not that I was surprised about the later. After all, I was the only one who could even attempt to find the Siren.

Things would be hard without knowing who they were and only my nose to follow. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but I knew for a fact that I was going to stick out like a sore thumb if I acted like a bloodhound on a trail.

And there was no telling where Elijah was, or what he'd do if he'd find the Siren. However I was pretty certain he wouldn't try to mark the unknown Siren.

After all, Archer would have no problem with turning Elijah's ass several shades of purple for even considering the notion.

Then again, Elijah may just do it for the hell of it, just so he could tease and smirk at Archer.

A frustrated sigh slipped from my lips before I shook my head and headed towards the nearest vendors. Cain had offered me a coin purse of my own so I quickly bought a simple snack and inquired about the island.

I was pointed to a few reputable inns to stay the night and quite a few recommendations of local dishes to sample. "Just don't eat at The Waving Willow." The cook warned, curling his nose in disgust. "Eugene, their cook, is known to chew tobacco and smoke while cooking. Wouldn't be surprised if you got a helping of tobacco with your meal, if you catch my drift."

A shiver darted down my spine before I nodded, grateful for the information. I had encountered people like that before, that called themselves cooks but should be barred from coming near any stove or food item.

With each local that I spoke to and inquired about any specifics of the island, I kept getting small whiffs of the unknown siren.

Not enough to indicate they were the siren, but enough to know they've been in direct contact with them. Perhaps the Siren was counting on camouflaging themselves within the human population by doing this.

Because their scent was everywhere. Literally. It was extremely difficult to figure out where the source was, simply because everyone smelled like the Siren.

Well... almost everyone.

I spotted a man walking past with a bag of groceries in one hand and a pot of chewing tobacco in the other. Barely managing to withhold a grimace at a flash of browned teeth, I ducked out of the scent of old sweat and moldy clothes before dipping into an alleyway.

And then I realized where the Siren most likely resided. It didn't make sense for almost everyone on the island to smell like the Siren. Unless they frequented or worked at a place where everyone visited regularly.

Weaving through the crowd, my eyes spotted a few members of Cain's crew as they slowly followed me around. Heading towards the first inn, there wasn't any sign of the Siren to be found, which made me sigh before I headed towards the second one.

Almost immediately I got smacked in the face by their scent, which clung to every person that walked out of the inn. A clear sign that the Siren was present, potentially even working there.

Instead of walking inside to investigate, I glanced at Cain's crew before motioning my head towards the building. Their eyes widened before they nodded, scattering throughout the island to get everyone back at the inn.