Bodyguard

--- Orion's POV---

Anger and annoyance flooded through my veins as I sat up in the bed, feeling the ship rock on the waves. My chains barely allowed me to sit up far enough to look out the window and only after I had twisted around so my feet were now facing the pillows.

Sighing, I glanced out through the window, seeing nothing else except the vast ocean and the waves rolling smoothly over the surface. It was excellent weather, not a cloud in sight and the pirates seemed to enjoy it.

I curled my lip in distaste at the loud belch from the deck and roaring laughter of the pirates. My throat and tongue were dry, swollen and seemingly gluing my lips together. I craved for a sip of saline water, hell, I needed it.

Already the skin around the shackles was getting irritated and due to the lack of salty water, my skin was starting to flake. The small amount of water I had drank on shore was nothing compared to the normal amounts that passed through my gills.

As such, my neck and gills were aching badly and I often winced when trying to turn my head. I shifted uncomfortably on the bed, cursing the pirates' existence once more before stilling when the door opened.

The man who entered barely shot him a glance, simply moving through the room with a mop and cleaning the floors as best as he could. He only shot me a glance when he arrived at the bed but most likely that was due to me hissing at him.

He merely raised a brow, ducking to move the mop under the bed and then left the room. I glared at the doorway as it was still open, frowning when the man ducked back in after a few minutes.

Another man stood in the doorway, his brown eyes leering at my chained body before he winked at me, causing me to snarl viciously in his direction. The cleaner looked over his shoulder and scowled.

"Piss of Gregor, Cap' Tn will be pissed off if he sees you near his cabin."

"Relax," Gregor sneered before glancing my way. "Just checking out the goods. Wonder when the Captain will share him." Gregor took a few steps inside, only to freeze when the colt steel of a blade was placed against the side of his neck.

"Unless you want to find out what it feels like to become a Eunuch, I'd suggest that you get back to work, Gregor." The man behind him calmly stated, as if he wasn't threatening Gregor's manhood and life with the blade against his throat. Gregor gulped and nodded, though shooting one last glare in my direction.

"As you command, Sire." He sneered before fleeing the room, leaving me with the cleaner and the new male. I pushed back on the bed, eying both men warily before watching as the cleaner came to my side with a bucket and rag, placing it next to the bed.

"Can you reach that?"

I blinked in confusion before looking down at the bucket, slowly reaching forward until I was able to dip my hand inside. The water smelled fresh and salt. I nearly jumped for joy as I yanked the bucket up and under the stunned gaze of the two men, proceeded to drink its contents.

My gills flared in between gulps, gasping for air before the water slowly seeped through them. Each gulp hydrated my perished throat, a thin trail of water trickling down from my gills before it soaked into my clothes.

When I finally sat back with a gasp of air, the two men shared amused looks as I looked at the nearly empty bucket, realizing that they had brought it in to refresh myself.

Probably not in the way I just did...

"Guess we'll need to let the Captain know our prisoner needs salt water to survive."