Sirens

---Orion's POV---

I smiled apologetically at the two Sirens across the table, sighing as Elijah sat in such a way that neither of them could flee from the table unless they vaulted over it.

And considering the fact that the hybrid was smiling sugary sweet at them, he was basically begging them to try it.

The only time he averted his eyes was when Archer cleared his throat pointedly, causing their gazes to clash and hold.

"If I have to take you over my knee to make you behave, I will." Archer growled lowly, causing a wide grin to slowly bloom on Elijah's face as he wiggled a bit closer to the man.

Archer seemed less than impressed, though there was a slight glint in his eyes, as if he was hoping Elijah would call his bluff.

The merman seemed more than eager to test Archer's patience but he simply sighed and leaned away from the two sirens.

"Again, I apologize for anything that idiot-" Archer glared at Elijah pointedly before continuing "Has said to you. We are not here to deceive, intimidate or capture either of you. We are here to ask for your help actually."

Elijah balked at being called an idiot before huffing and muttered "Dick." under his breath.

Without missing a beat or even looking at his partner, Archer replied "You're not getting any."

The poor mer was mid drink when Archer spoke, making him choke mid swallow, the beer shooting up his nose before he spluttered and coughed.

All the while I gave the two sirens my best apologetic smile as I waved my hand towards Elijah. "Never mind him. He's...relatively harmless, now that he's mated."

The man, who had introduced himself as Riley, blinked before pointing a finger between Archer and Elijah. "Those two... mated? And he-" jabbing a finger at Archer with a confused look, "survived?"

"I'll take that as a compliment, I guess." Archer said while slapping Elijah's back. "To be fair, he was the one who insisted on keeping me close." He added with a smirk as Elijah managed to catch his breath and wiped his face.

The two sirens watched with growing shock as Archer easily manhandled Elijah when the hybrid took a swipe at him and proceeded to lock him in a slight chokehold.

"Behave."

Elijah rolled his eyes, miming Archer mockingly before he sighed. "Fine, I'll be a good boy. I'll just sit here and drink some ale... or whatever this brew is. Get some snacks while I'm at it."

Riley shook his head while Cassandra simply smiled as Archer deadpanned "It's a long story. To put it short, he's mine and he'll learn to listen when we talk about something important." He added pointedly as Elijah just yawned and scratched at his jaw.

"We're not here to talk about their depraved sex life." Cain scoffed as Elijah ordered some fruit to eat. "We're here to ask you for a massive favor. Both of you."

Riley and Cassandra both shared a look as Cain steepled his fingers, lowering his voice as to not draw attention from the locals. "I'm not gonna beat around the bush here; we have an island full of liberated people who need to remain hidden."

Riley's eyes widened instantly while Cassandra subtly reached for her own wrist, "You mean?" Cain nodded, noticing the shackle she made with her other hand.

"As you both have guessed, it's extremely difficult to find people who are trustworthy." Cain sighed, "Not to mention we don't want anyone betraying us to gain money."