𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

✍︎

I flattened down my dress and checked my hair in the mirror once again. It was almost time for us to leave for the play and I couldn't help the worry that was bubbling in my stomach.

Something was off and I couldn't figure out what it was. I put it down to being all over the place the last week and told myself that everything was going to be fine.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror and grabbed my jacket off the end of my bed and left my room. I made my way down the stairs towards the boys bathroom where I knew they were getting ready.

The halls were quiet. So quiet that I could hear every step I made as the small heel on my shoe came in contact with the floor. We had gotten permission to leave the school since Mr. Keating was coming with us.

I made my around the corner to where the boys bathroom were when I ran into Mr. Keating.

"Mr. Keating, hi" he looked up from his coat and smiled at me

"Sophia, you look wonderful" I smiled and looked down at my dress

"This old thing?" I asked laughing which earned a laugh from him too

"Could you please let the boys know I'll be waiting in the car?" He asked as he moved around me.

"Mr. Keating?" I asked turning back around to look at him. He stopped and turned back with a smile "thank you?"

"What for dear?"

"I know it was you that Neil went to speak to last night" he nodded in understanding and turned to fully face me "It's nice that he has someone to talk to. I know he has me and the boys but I mean someone who understands" he smiled fondly at me

"It's my job"

"But it isn't, none of the other teachers are like that. What I'm trying to say is, were really lucky to have you" Mr. Keating's eyes glinted as he took a step back

"I think it's the other way around" I took in his words as he turned and walked towards the front doors, nodding his head to some boys who passed.

I turned on my heel and made for the boys bathroom and just as I arrived outside it, I could hear Cameron, protest that todd was messing with his hair. I knocked on the door before pushing it open.

"Boys, Mr. Keating's waiting in the car" I told them flattening out my dress before I looked up at them.

"Oh my"

"Holy"

"Sophie you look-"

"Wow" the boys stood staring at me with their mouths open. A blush crept up on my cheeks as I looked between all of them

"You all look very handsome" I could see a few of their cheeks tint pink as Meeks and Pitts turned away, Cameron muttered a thanks while Todd and Knox stayed staring at me.

"Wait till Charlie sees you" Knox said with a smile.

"Where is Charlie" I asked. Pitts who was fixing his hair again in the mirror shrugged

"He said something about getting red before we left" my face contorted in confusion before one of the stall doors slammed open. The boys turned but from where I was I couldn't see my boy.

"So Charlie, what's this getting red bit?" Meeks asked and Charlie must have done something because Cameron made a face and I could tell it wasnt anything good