Chapter IV - The Dance of Magi

June 26th, 701

Nina's lightweight steps could be audible on the forest floor as she smiled brightly, twirling and dancing along the dense path of trees and bushes, humming a song to herself. Her General behind her followed close by, not making any sounds, as silent as a shadow.

Just like how he'd been trained by agents of the Order Avatar.

"Balt, are you really just going to not talk to me?"

"If you want to survive, I would suggest you remain quiet, since we're approaching enemy territory."

She turned her head around to look at the calm expression on the man's face, and frowned. "Jeez, I've been miserable for so many years now, and now that I've finally found happiness, I don't wanna let it go to waste!"

"If you want to keep that happiness of yours, you better stay behind me, right now. "

As carefree as Nina was, she did have a respectable intuition. And she could tell that Baltazar had sensed something.

She quickly ran behind him, as Balt took out his bayonet, pointing it all over the place: the canopies, the path ahead, the bushes to the side of them.

But it was too late.

A staff of extremely long proportions thrust itself downwards, and Balt only barely managed to parry it.

Due to sheer luck.

The enemy disappeared again, and Balt was on the verge of having his enhanced instincts activate.

'Not yet,' He tried to control himself.

The staff came from behind, and he shot it without looking, so that Nina would not be harmed. Once again, the stealthy and agile enemy was nowhere to be seen.

Although, the Association Hunter knew how to find them.

He pointed his bayonet at a random location, and rapidly, the staff came swinging down on it. This time, Balt shot right at the opponent themselves after parrying, and let his instincts take over.

"Ohohoho! You think you're tough shit, eh?!" Balt's rifle began its duel with the enemy's staff, at a much higher pace than the enemy. He kicked the staff-wielder hard in the stomach, grinning as he sent him flying. "You motherfuckers always think you're so clever!"

Before Balt could shoot them again, their Ruler's Covenant activated, and they were gone. But soon enough, they heard heels walking behind them.

In less than a second, Balt got in front of Nina and reloaded his rifle. "Who the fuck's there? What sort of retard thinks its a good idea to pick a fight with a Hunter from the fucking Crown Division?!"

"I'm not here to pick a fight, I'm afraid," Alexandra stated, her right hand on her hip.

Balt raised an eyebrow. "What's your fuckin' problem then?"

"I was simply testing how good of a fighter you were. Could I speak with Nina?"

After getting the opportunity to breathe in and out deeply for a few seconds, due to the lack of combat, Balt's adrenaline gradually subsided as he processed the situation. He lowered his rifle and rubbed his forehead with his hand. "Damn, got carried away there." He stepped to the side, presenting his Queen with his arm. "She's all yours, so long as you don't wish to kill us."

Nina and Alexandra stepped forwards towards each other, with Alexandra smoking a cigarette. The latter extended her hand for a handshake. "Yo! Bet you already know my name."

The Queen of Light nodded and looked down in response shyly.

"I'm here to discuss the possibility of a provisional alliance against our common enemy, you see." She pointed with the cigarette upwards towards Mount Sangui.