Chapter VII - The Legacy of the Compass-Rose

January 16th, 2104

"Boss? Are we ready to begin?"

Remi shifted in his seat, leaning back in his chair and crossing his legs, deep in thought at his subordinate's question. "Yeah. We are. Fortify Solaris. We may have captured the city, but this does not mean we are safe and out of the clear. Today, reinforcements will come, and we have to be ready for them."

The soldier nodded, walking out of the room and heading to alert the rest of Remi's forces to mobilise.

At that moment, there was only one thing on Remi's mind: defending the city. If they kept doing so, the planet, one of many, but still an entire planet, would be saved from Estelle's conquests.

He pondered logically what could be done, putting his pen on various points of the city map. The north was heavily guarded, but an invasion from there could not be discounted from possibility - the Solar Imperial Army has absolutely no sense of self, after all. It was everything Remi stood against, a total lack of individuality, simply following the crowd. His dream of an ideal anarchist society would be put in place on this particular Terra if he won the next battle.

A battle that would inevitably come. The question was not if, but when.

While Remi had stationed many troops along the south, east and west, they were further away and thus, had the potential to be encircled.

However, unlike Estelle, Remi had no willingness to sacrifice a few for the greater whole. For this reason, the main bulk of the army was in the centre, ready to be called forth to any location wherever necessary.

Remi's tired, weary eyes kept scanning the paper.

All he ever wished for was for everything to be over, for his pain to end.

But, as he was the only one with the power to give freedom to the multiverse terrorised by Estelle, he had to live. His will to live, regardless, was hanging on by that thin thread.

He squeezed his pen tight as it almost exploded. 'Bring it on, you fucking old hag .'

His hand began shaking soon after.

Wait - no. That wasn't right.

His whole body was shaking.

The whole room was shaking.

He looked upwards, and the ceiling light was swaying back and forth. The clear earthquake-like vibrations were unmistakable.

His eyes widened, and he burst out of the room as quickly as he could, escaping the magical field and teleporting outside of Estelle's castle.

The sun was high in the sky, and cannons were firing loudly.

'Oh, the sweet smell of war...'

Suppressing his destructive impulses, stimulated by the Heart of Evil, he instantly got on his geometric plates and started flying towards the north of the city.

It was a massacre. The Solarians had already invaded, earlier than expected. On every single side of the city. It... angered Remi to know the end. Having to end so many lives, and them and Estelle not caring one bit about the value of their lives, their only objective to serve.

Raising his right arm, Remi chose the most efficient eliminator of armies possible: the Heart of Evil.

With his greater control of the monster, his face and entire right side remained as normal, apart from the arm. It shot out with rapid velocity and ferociousness, instantly growing in volume as if bulging out, its size endless as it kept stretching from Remi's arm.