Chapter X - Independence Day

July 4th, 701

Splish. Splash. Splosh.

Splish.

Crack.

"Hehehehehe..."

Among the smoke, ash and rubble, Alina's soft laughter could be heard, her bare feet walking across the river of blood, her dark, black dress waving.

She raised a pale leg, and placed a foot on a random skull she saw before her.

Placing a smooth hand on her cheek, her eyes widened, and she smirked down at it.

"Oh, you poor thing~"

She pressed her leg down.

"You should never have even thought about disobeying me."

CRUNCH!

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Smiling genuinely as it broke beneath her, she glanced up at the sunset sky.

Soon, the end would come. Finally - her pain and misery would be replaced by relief, as well as ecstacy, from being awarded absolute power.

Remi, Nero, Alexandra...

They were all dogs on her leash, and it served them right. Only she had the right to win the war, after all.

Her legs and feet began to be covered in blood, as slowly but surely, she walked towards the only part of Solaris still standing: the city centre, with a defensive magical field around it.

Not that it would be hard to bypass for Remi.

Or for her, for that matter.

"Ah, I suppose we have some naughty boys over there... Whatever shall I do about them?~"

Her foot stomped hard on the ground, as Blue Heaven activated.

"Yes... That's right. I'll teach them good manners. Won't I, darling?"

'Yes, My Master.'

She giggled.

"That's the right answer. Good boy."

The sky tore itself into two halves.

Alina's scarlet eyes and her grin had never looked as happy. She was completely thrilled about the prospect of... Total Solarian genocide.

"I'm glad you're not here, Fyodor..."

The magical field began to shatter like glass.

"For if you were... I'm certain you would hate me."

She raised her arm high, making a hand sign in an ancient language.

"But for you... I will avenge you with all my power. And this... Is the least you deserve, big brother. I will not stop until this entire country pays for your death, for it is Estelle's country. If she kills my brother, then all of her millions of children deserve to die... Once Independence Day ends, this continent will be nothing but flat wasteland."

Magenta strings made of star matter wrapped themselves all around the city, in place of the old field.

Making her way to the top of it with her wind plates, she manifested her tall black heels once again, stepping on one string, looking at the colossal dragon that had just landed on top of her strings, as if on cue, dead in the eyes.

Wordlessly, she mounted it, and its wings spread wide.

Instantly, it recognised her as its Queen. And it obeyed her every command out of pure instinct.