Eight

She's waiting for superman

To lift her up and take her anywhere

Show her love

Buck and Maddie had stayed at the hospital late, not wanting to leave Eleanor just yet. The doctors informed them they'd keep her until the next day for observation. They decided to head home and let her get some rest, she'd be safe here. After dropping Maddie off Buck went home and prepared for his new housemate. They decided a hotel wasn't secure enough. And Maddie was between places at the moment so they agreed that it would be easier and safer for Eleanor to stay with Buck. Eleanor happily agreed, she felt comfortable and safe with Buck. 

The next morning Maddie called to ensure that Buck would be picking Eleanor up from the hospital. "I'll be over as soon as I'm done with work," Maddie promised. Buck assured her that they'd be just fine, that he was capable of taking care of someone else besides himself. 

When Buck arrived at the hospital Athena was already there talking to Eleanor. Both women looked as he entered the room. "Sorry, I hope I didn't interrupt."

"I was just updating Eleanor on the case. I'm on my way out now." Athena turned back to Eleanor, "Call me if you need anything and if there are any changes I will let you know immediately."

"Thank you, Athena. I really appreciate everything that you're doing." They sat in silence for a few moments after she left. Eleanor tried to turn away from Buck but he knew she was crying.

"Are you okay?" 

She cleared her throat and wiped her face before turning back to face Buck. He could still see the tears lining her eyes. "They can't find Michael, he took off. I kind of figured he would." Buck just nodded, he didn't know what to say. "Buck.." He looked at her as she stared back, he could see the fear all over her face. She was just about to say something when the doctor came in.

"Okay, Ms. Blair, you are all set to go. Here are your discharge papers and some papers on wound care. I see that you're in great hands though." Buck smiled at this comment. "If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to come back or call. Get some rest and take it easy."

"Thank you," Eleanor smiled at her. After the doctor left the room Buck got up and grabbed Eleanor's clothes, handing them to her. 

"Maddie did manage to get the stuff that you had packed so if you wanna change when we get back to my place you can," Buck offered a smile as he stood beside her. "I'll just be right outside the door." 

"Thank you," Eleanor smiled before Buck left, giving her some privacy. She got dressed quickly, more than ready to leave the hospital. She didn't have anything to grab other than the papers because she no longer had anything. The suitcase she had packed was just clothes, no phone or laptop or anything like that. Which in hindsight was probably a good thing because Michael would use her phone to track her. Though she was thankful that Maddie had grabbed that much. She'd get a new one eventually. She pushed the door open, Buck was leaning against the wall beside it. 

"Ready?" he asked. She nodded and followed him. It was a short drive back to Buck's apartment. Eleanor stared out the window as they drove. She didn't get out much and it had been years since she'd really been out. For the past eight years, she'd gone to the same store and that was the only place she ever really went. Other than occasional dinners at Michael's boss's house. 

Buck kept glancing over at her. It was like he was afraid that if he looked away too long she'd disappear. He hadn't known her long but he'd known her long enough to know he liked having her around. Buck tended to fall quickly which was exactly what was happening now. He knew his feelings were most likely one-sided and if they weren't it'd be a long time before Eleanor acted on her feelings. Buck was fine with that though, he knew she had trauma to work through. He just wanted to be there while she did.

He pulled the car into the lot and parked. When they got upstairs Buck showed Eleanor around. He insisted that she stay upstairs in his bed and he'd take the couch downstairs. She argued slightly, not wanting to put him out of his own space but Buck wasn't taking no for an answer. 

"I wouldn't feel right making you sleep on the couch."

"Fine, if you insist," Eleanor finally gave in. They shared a smile.

"I'm gonna order food. Any preferences?"

"Anything is fine, I'm not picky." Buck nodded and headed downstairs. Eleanor ruffled through her suitcase for some comfy loungewear before following Buck downstairs. While Eleanor showered Buck shuffled through some menus, trying to decide what to eat. He was still at the counter flipping through the menus when Eleanor finished her shower.

"Still deciding?" she asked as she stood beside him. Buck nodded.

"I am picky, kinda," Buck smiled. Eleanor leaned in a little, reading the menus with him. She hadn't realized how close she was until Buck's arms brushed against her. They shared a look and she backed away, "Sorry."

"You don't have to apologize."

"Habit, sor-," she cut herself off. 

"It's okay, I get it." Buck handed her a couple of the menus so she could look. She gave him a smile. She appreciated how patient he was with her. She glanced at the menus but kept stealing glances at him. They finally just settled on pizza. As they waited for the food Buck brought up the moment at the hospital. "Hey, at the hospital earlier, it seemed like you wanted to say something before the doctor came in."

She stared at him for a moment, trying to remember. "I don't remember." Buck had a feeling she did but he didn't push her on it. Buck was about to say something else but there was a knock at the door. They shared a look of confusion, it was too early to be the pizza. Buck went to the door, he looked back at Eleanor, slight fear in her face. He opened it enough to peak out, it was Eddie. 

Buck let out a sigh of relief before opening the door all the way to let Eddie in. Eddie walked in, stopping when he noticed Eleanor. "Sorry, am I interrupting?" Eddie looked to Buck.

"Eddie, this is Eleanor. Eleanor, Eddie."

"Nice to meet you," Eleanor smiled, still across the room. 

"Nice to meet you too. Wait, weren't you..?"

"Yes, she was." Eddie looked back and forth between the two. Eleanor nodded at Buck like she was giving him permission to tell her story. "Eleanor was in a really bad relationship, Maddie helped her out. She's gonna be staying here for a while."

"Oh, okay." Eddie nodded, still trying to understand it all. "I can go.."

"No, stay." Eleanor offered him a smile, he smiled back. 

"We just ordered pizza," Buck walked over to the cabinet and grabbed out another plate for Eddie.