Sixteen

All I really know is love ain't simple (oh yeah, oh yeah)

**Warning! I'll give you guys one sweet moment before I break your hearts again.. :)**

"What? Repeat that."

"We almost kissed."

"Almost? Why didn't you?"

"I don't know. We just kinda stood there."

"And then?"

"We cleaned.."

Eddie shook his head and reached for a beer. "You disappoint me."

Buck paused for a long moment before speaking again. "You don't think it's too soon?"

"Too soon? You already live together."

"But her last relationship-"

"Was a train wreck, yeah. She walked away from it because it was over, she's over it, she's moved on. With you.."

****

"Wait, what?"

"We almost kissed."

"But you didn't?"

"No."

"Why? You clearly both like each other."

"I don't know."

"So what happened after?" 

"We cleaned."

"Oh my.." Maddie sighed.

"Okay, enough about my devastating love life. What's going on with you and Chim?"

"Nothing."

"Sure about that?"

"Positive. But, I am thinking about filing for divorce. I know it's risky but I need to be completely free of Doug. This is the last thing tying me to him."

"I get it. I'm happy for you, you deserve to be free and happy. Promise me you'll ask Chim out on a date though."

"I promise, right after I file."

"Fine, better than nothing."

"Back to your hot mess of a love life." Eleanor groaned. "Just tell him how you feel. Trust me, he feels the same."

"Did he tell you that?"

"He doesn't have to. I can tell by how he looks at you and talks about you. I'm sure everyone can see it."

"Maybe I should take a survey on that and make sure you're not delusional," Eleanor smiled.

"Ha, funny," Maddie laughed sarcastically. "Seriously though, if I have to ask out Chim then you have to ask out Buck." Maddie held her pinky out between them. Eleanor sighed and hooked her pinky around Maddie's. 

****

When Eleanor arrived home Buck was already there, waiting. He was sitting at the table scrolling through his phone when she walked through the door. He turned to face her when he heard the door. Eleanor set her things down and walked toward Buck.

"Hi," he smiled.

"Hi," she smiled back. It was kind of awkward between the two, the tension was obvious.