Twenty

All that I'm after is a life full of laughter

As long as I'm laughing with you

Eleanor stirred slightly in her sleep, she stretched her arm out toward Buck's side of the bed. It was empty. She felt around the bed, trying to see in the dark room. When her hand only found bare sheets she got up and headed downstairs. She looked around for him but didn't see him. Just as she was about to turn she saw the door to the balcony was open. As she walked toward the door she grabbed Buck's hoodie off the chair and threw it on, it was cold tonight. She reached the door and spotted Buck sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. 

"Buck.." He looked up at her with teary eyes. "Buck, what's wrong?" He didn't say anything. Eleanor walked back inside, grabbed a blanket, and headed back out. "Here, it's cold out here. You're going to freeze."

Buck leaned forward slightly so that Eleanor could get the blanket around him. He continued to stare down at the floor. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"You didn't and don't be sorry. I'm glad I got up, you would've frozen out here by yourself." Eleanor rubbed her hands up and down his back attempting to warm him up. "Are you okay?" Buck just nodded. "Are you sure?"

"I-I just feel bad for Eddie. I couldn't imagine what he's going through. I'd lose my mind if I lost you but he was married to her and they had a kid. That's gotta make it worse. And he's not answering any of my texts."

"He probably just needs some time and space, I'm sure it's nothing personal. And I don't know how he's feeling either but he'll be okay. He's surrounded by love and their kid, Chris is what's gonna get him through this."

Buck leaned toward Eleanor, resting his head in her lap. She gently brushed her fingers through his hair. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being you.." Eleanor smiled down at him. She leaned down and kissed his forehead. They sat like this for a little while longer before finally going back to bed.

****

"Wakey, wakey sunshine," Buck said in a singsong voice. 

Eleanor rolled over and opened her eyes. Buck was standing at the end of the bed with a tray in his hand as he smiled at the girl. "What is this?" she smiled back at him.

"Breakfast in bed."

"You made breakfast? What time did you even get up?"

"I actually never went to bed, couldn't sleep. And you always do a lot around here so I wanted to give you a break."

"That's sweet." Eleanor sat up so that Buck could bring over the tray. He set it on her lap before climbing back into the bed with her. He picked at her plate a little as she ate. 

"Also, you're not allowed to do anything at all, all day. I have something planned for tonight too."

"Oh really? That sounds interesting."

"I think you're gonna love it, I hope you love it."

"As long as I'm with you I'll love it," Eleanor leaned over and planted a kiss on his lips. 

"Or we could stay here and do that.."

"Oh yeah?" Eleanor smirked. Buck took the tray and set it on the nightstand. He leaned over, inching closer and closer to her face. Eleanor leaned back so she was flat on her back as Buck hovered over her.