Childhood memories

Idea by _a_confused_person_

Ningguang and Beidou had grown up together in a small town.
They looked out for eachother, at the age of 14 they were acting like adults, or I suppose Ningguang was.
Beidou being a stupid child would always get herself into back ally brawls.

"You know, you should be more careful."

"Those boys were saying mean things about you," She huffed into her knees.

"Pay no attention to them."

Beidou looked down at her hands, they were covered in dirt.

"My dads taking me to sea...."

"Thats wondeful, are you excited?"

"Yeah....I suppose....its just, I dont know for how long I'll be gone." She looked over at Ningguang. She had a sad expression written over her face.

"Then I'll just have to wait for you." She smiled

"Promise not to fall inlove with another pirate when im gone?"

"Your the only one for me, I promise."
-Time skip-

"Beidou! Were heading out now! Get ye pirate legs to walk the plank and onto the boat," Her father yelled.

"EYE AYE!....I have to leave now," Beidou grabbed Ningguangs hand and gave it a squeeze.

Ningguang pulled Beidou into a death grip hug.
"I promise I'll write to you."

"BEIDOU, STOP CHITCHATIN' WITH YE LOVER AND GET ONBOARD!!"

"COMING!"

"Bye...I love you"

"I love you too," Beidou kissed Ningguangs hand goodbye.

As the ship started to sail, Beidou waved goodbye to everyone, Ningguang stayed at the docks until the ship was no longer in sight.

-Time skip 5 years- (their both 19 now)

"Lady Ningguang, people have spotted a suspicious boat docking headed for liyue," Keqing said.

"Thank you Lady Keqing, I'll go and great them."

Ningguang got out of her chair abd made her way down to the docks....the ship seemed familiar, but all the paint was worn off so it was difficult to tell.

Her eyes widen as she sees a tall brunette with ruby eyes...or atleast one. The stranger had somesort of makeshift bandage on her eye, the cloth stained red to match her other eye.

"B-Beidou?" Ningguang gasped.

"Huh?...Ning! Im home!"

"Im dreaming...is it really you?"

Beidou got off the ship and onto the docks, she opened her arms and signaled for Ningguang to hug her.

Tears flowed in her eyes as she ran to Beidou, she could finally be held by her lover once more.

"Ouch, watch the rib.."

"Oh! Sorry!"

"Its good, just a lil' sore...thats all."

"5 years, 2 months and 3 days...."

"You kept count?"

"Of course I did...I missed you. Its quiet around.

Ningguang scanned Beidou for any life threatening injuries, besides the obvious bleeding eye, Beidou looked fine.

"Wheres your father?"

Beidou looked down and sighed...Ningguang knew exactly what happened and decided to let Beidou tell her when shes ready.

"Come on, lets get you cleaned up."

She nodded.

They sat in silence as Ningguang came out of the bathroom with a washrag.

"Come on, arms up."
Ningguang helped Beidou get out of her cape and clothes, till her top half was only her bra.
Ningguang could get a better look at Beidous back. Bruises littered her back, burns making her skin uneven, scars that have deep stories behind them.

"Oh my...." Her breath hitched, her eyes widened at the sight of Beidous back.

"Nothin' you cant fix, right?"

"I'll try..." Ningguang started to wipe her back.

Beidou jolted up in pain as the rough fabric of the cloth grazed her burns.

"I know dear, just bear with me for a moment, I'm almost done."

They sat in silence again, Beidou breaking it when she spoke up.

"I..I couldn't save him," her voice was broken, trying to find the words to say.

Beidou put her face in her hands. Her breath becoming more ragged.

"Beidou, sweetie, breath for me. Deep breaths"

"I couldn't get to him in time and now hes gone...its my fault. My village was right...I am just a bad omen.."

"What happened was put of your control, I'm sure he would be proud of you. You saved the entire crew, you brought them all back home, to their families."

Beidou sobbed into her knee. Her sobs turned into her yelling in pain.

"What!? Beidou!?"

"My eye! Ow fuck it hurts! Make it stop! PLEASE!"

Ningguang pealed the cloth away from her eye. She was met with a huge gash across Beidous eye. What was once a piercing ruby eye...now cloudy.

"Beidou...I need you to stop crying, its making it worse." She panicked as she tried to get the bleeding under control.

Once she had gotten the bleeding under control Beidou was more relaxed.

"I'm sorry that I came home like this..."

"What matters is your alive." She kissed Beidous forehead.

"So!....the Tianquan of Liyue?"

"Heh~ Yeah...never thought I would be here." She said, grabbing Beidous arms, rubbing soothing circles.

"You've changed...alot..."

"So have you..." She sighed.

"I dont have to fight off any new lovers, do I?"

"No my brave pirate, like I promised, my heart only belongs to you." Ningguang got up to leave the room when she felt a tug on her clothes.

"Please stay...I need you with me. I dont want to be alone."

"Of course I'll stay, I was going to fetch you some water."

"Get one of your thousands of secretaries to...just stay here."

Beidou patted to a spot beside her. Ningguang happily sat down next to her. Beidou rested her head on Ningguangs shoulder, slowly drifting off into a peaceful slumber.

Ningguang gently lifted her off her shoulder and guided her body to lie down. Once she knew Beidou looked comfortable, she crept in beside her. Her hands wandered into Beidous hair.

"Rest well my captain," she said, kissing Beidous forehead.

A smile crept up on Beidous face. She was happy to be home. Happy to be in the arms of her lover. They both drifted off into a deep slumber.