Chapter 224: Beautiful in Blue

"Jaime, I don't-" He started, but I cut him off, pulling him into a passionate kiss. I was done talking. This was all I wanted now. If Josh and I were really over, then fine. I didn't feel guilty for wanting this anymore. He let me go. He told me to go.

So I will.

I pushed him towards his bed where he tumbled back, giggling to himself as he reached up for me, grabbing my waist and pulling me over him. He kissed me back harder, tightly tanging his fingers in my hair, unable to contain his smile.
"I have wanted this for so lon-"
"Me too." I said, kissing him again.

As adorable as he was, I had forgotten just how much he liked to talk during times like this.

"I've thought about you every day since you le-"
"So have I." I assured him, pulling him into another deep kiss.
"Jaime, I-"
"Shut up." I laughed, grabbing the bottom of his shirt, pulling it over his head and tossing it onto the floor. He stared up at me with wide eyes and a smile to match.
"Yes ma'am." He giggled, pulling me back into another long kiss.

I reached behind me, unzipping my dress as much as I could before he pulled me in closer, unzipping it the rest of the way, helping me slide out of the top. I then reached down, unbuttoning his pants when he moved his hands over mine to stop me.

"Actually, Jaime.. c-can we.. can we slow down?" He sighed, now leaning his forehead against mine. I stopped, moving my hands away.
"W-what?" I asked. "Why?" I thought this was what he would have wanted? After everything, I thought this was something we both wanted.

Now suddenly he was changing his mind?

He bit down on his lip, his face dropping as his cheeks burned red.
"I.. I just.. n-no, never mind, I'm sorry, it's okay." He said softly, pulling me back into a gentle kiss. I moved away.
"No, what's wrong?" I asked, not wanting to do this if this wasn't something he actually wanted to do. He sighed, now avoiding my eyes.

"Jaime, I've just.. I've been dreaming about this, about.. you.. since the last time we were together, and I don't want to be.. this. Because.. I've done this, and I know what this is. And I don't want to be this with you. I just want to be.. everything to you." My heart jumped. And suddenly I was five years old again, sitting at my window, wondering why it couldn't be his window across from mine, wanting nothing but fairytale moments with him, praying that one day, maybe he would see me this way.

And now here we were.
Maybe it finally was our turn.

"I love you, Jaime." He whispered, now gently caressing my face. "And.. I never thought I'd ever get this opportunity again, so.. I want to do this right with you. I'm sorry for everything that happened on tour. That wasn't me. And you'll never have to worry about that again, no matter what happens. I promise. I just.. Please let me do this right. For you."

I knew if he said anything else, I wouldn't be able to control what I did next.

"We should get back to the party." I finally said, suddenly aware of how badly I was blushing. He smirked back at me, playfully rolling his eyes.
"Too much for you?" He asked, reaching behind me, helping me zip up my dress. I shook my head, climbing out of his lap.
"N-no." I muttered, suddenly feeling the same rush of nerves that I felt that night he confessed how he did want a family. But this time it was different. It was.. exciting, but.. overwhelming, especially at a time like this. He leaned back, propping his hands up behind him, staring at me with eyes that were making this impossible.

"I'm not just gonna be your play thing, Jaime." He said, smirking up at me. My heart was pounding now.
"You're not." I whispered. "I love you too, Jake." He held his stare on me, his smile growing as he sat up, reaching back out for me.
"Come here." He mouthed, grabbing onto my dress and pulling me back on top of him. I reach up, holding his face in my hands, pulling him into another passionate kiss until a smile escaped his lips, mine quick to follow.

My kisses then moved down to his neck, his grip on me getting tighter as I kissed him harder.
"You're not just a play thing. You are.. so much more than that, I promise. But.. right now.." I giggled, moving to the other side of his neck. I felt him sigh, his hands slowly moving up my body, pulling me in closer.
"Right now what?" He exhaled.
"Right now, I just want you." He was quiet for a moment. I stopped, now staring back at him with eyes that only wanted to gaze upon him on top of me.

"You know, I thought this was my party." I giggled, leaning into another long kiss. "You're supposed to give me whatever I want." I eventually felt him kiss me back, his hands slowly reaching behind me, unzipping my dress again.
"Yeah, but I already gave you your gift." He joked, kissing me again. I slowly moved my hands down his chest, eventually stopping at his pants again, not wanting to push him that far if that really wasn't something he wanted. Finally, his face relaxed into a lovestruck grin.

"This isn't fair." He giggled, pulling me back into another passionate kiss. "You know I can't say no to you." He then helped me out of my dress, and tossing it onto the end of his bed.
"So then don't." I sighed, reaching up, gently caressing his face as he climbed back over me. His eyes were mesmerizing in the now dark glow of the fading sunset, the room filled with dark purples and blues, bathing us both in another whimsical summer night.

He always looked so beautiful in blue.

I carefully moved my hands down his chest again, timidly unbuttoning his pants, just to see how far he'd let me go, until finally he nodded, quickly kicking them off before pulling me back into a deep kiss.

"I just.. I need to know.." He sighed, stopping us again.
"What?"
"We're not.. I mean, you're.. you're not just doing this.. to forget about him, are you?" I shook my head, leaning into another long kiss.
"No." I assured him. "I.. I love you, and.. I want to show you." Finally, despite his reluctance, I could see his face start to relax as his eyes faded into an awed gaze.

"You are so beautiful." I whispered, as if it just fell from my lips. And in an instant, it was like something inside of him was set ablaze, leaning into a passionate kiss, pushing me back against his pillows as he reached over, frantically feeling around on his end table until his radio started blasting, his usual coverup for any noise that was just meant for the bedroom.

I couldn't help but smile, now knowing just what was in store.

Sam's P.O.V

That was humiliating.

After pouring my heart out to her, she only saw me as a little brother. Even just the words made me cringe, knowing that no matter what I did, there was nothing I could do to make her see me differently. Especially not if Jake was in the picture.

But deep down, we all knew it.
We always had.

I guess after the other night, that small inkling of hope that I've had for as long as I could remember finally felt like it could be a possibility, but she wasted no time shutting that down. And I guess for that I was thankful. She was kind, and that's all I could really ask for. She can't help how she feels, but if she could, maybe it could've been us.

But it's always been Jake.
Just like for him, it's always been Jaime.
And it was best if the rest of us just stayed out of their way.

"Hey, where'd you run off too?" Danny asked as I made my way back over to the drink table, giving myself a well deserved overly generous pour. I shook my head, keeping my eyes down.
"She didn't like it?" He asked, staying quiet enough for just the two of us to hear. I shrugged, emptying the bottle and taking a big sip.
"I think she did, she just.. likes Jake more." His face dropped, now giving me a sympathetic grin.

"Well, you tried. No one can say you didn't." I nodded, turning around, leaning back against the table, scanning the party.
"Have you seen Josh?" I asked, suddenly unable to remember the last time I saw him. He hook his head, looking around.
"No, I.. I think.. last I saw he was talking to Jaime. I think they were both headed out front."

I couldn't imagine them leaving, not their own party.
Especially not together.
Not after everything that happened.

And then I felt my phone vibrate.

Pulling it out of my pocket, I realized I didn't recognize the number.
"989 number, that's here, right?" I asked, showing the phone to Danny. He looked over, giving me a questioning nod. I decided to pick up.

"Hello?"
"Hello, this is Covenant Medical Center. There's been an accident."