Chapter 225: Do This Again

Making love to him was magical; passionate and rough, but always ending so tender and gentle, where you felt like he truly needed you. And how badly I craved being needed by him, needing him just as badly in return, like for months our souls had screamed out for each other but I was too blinded by the new weight on my left hand to return the call, despite how badly I wanted to.

I lied my head on his chest, his rapid breaths eventually slowing into the careful caressing of rising and falling, leaving nothing but his heartbeat pounding in my ear; my favorite sound.

His fingers gently glided around my bare skin, drawing murals of love so deep, I didn't need to see them to know the depths of their beauty, or to know that they'd never come close to ours.

"I love you." He whispered. "I love you so-" I cut him off, pulling him into a deep kiss until I felt him start to giggle.
"Jaime, if we're gonna do this, you have to let me talk." I sighed, smirking back up at him.
"Okay fine, go ahead." His smile grew as he leaned in, kissing me again.
"I've just been thinking about what I would say to you if we were ever like this again." He whispered, now gently brushing the hair out of my face.
"And what did you come up with?" I asked, now propping my head up onto my hand. He held his stare on me for a moment, his eyes practically glazed over in a hypnotic trance.

"I'd ask you to marry me but.. I know you'd think it was just the alcohol talking." He sighed. I couldn't help but laugh, leaning into a long kiss.
"You know, I was just engaged two days ago. I think I'm the one who should slow down." I joked. He giggled to himself, now flashing me a toothy grin.

"So.. you're saying you wouldn't be interested?" I shook my head.
"I didn't say that."
"Cause you know I already have rings for us."
"Stop it." I laughed, playfully shoving him. He pulled me back in, tightly wrapping his arms around me.

I never wanted him to let go.

"Okay, but.. one day I won't be joking, and you'll have to give me an answer." I knew he wouldn't be, and hopefully I'd have a good enough answer for him.
"I know."

By now I had lost track of time, something that came so easily while being with him, but knew that it was decent enough to where people had to have noticed we were missing by now, and the last thing I wanted was for someone to come looking for us here.

And Josh had to have been home by now.

I finally sat up, pulling his bedsheet around me to cover myself. He did the same, pulling me closer.
"Jake, can I.. ask you something?" He nodded, his eyes lighting up.
"Of course. I wish you would talk more." I felt my cheeks burn, a smile escaping my lips.
"Josh said that.." I noticed his face drop at the mere mention of his name. "..he had told you that.. he was planning on ending things." He stayed quiet, holding his stare on me before reaching out, gently caressing my face. I leaned further into him, welcoming his comforting embrace. Eventually he nodded.

"He did." He said simply. "But.. can we talk about that another time? I.. I really just want this moment.. to be about us." As badly as I wanted to push back, I could give him that, having also wanted a moment that was just about us.
"Okay." I said, leaning back into a gentle kiss to which I instantly felt him kiss me back, his hand finding its way into my now unkempt hair.

"I think we should go back downstairs though." I finally said, giggling to myself. He sighed, smirking back before leaning into one more quick kiss.
"Yeah. I don't want to take up any more of your party."
"I don't mind that." I said, playfully nudging him. His smile grew. "I just know.. any minute they're gonna coming looking for us."
"And.. it would probably be better if you had some clothes on." I nodded, feeling my cheeks burn.