10. [ men ]

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

chapter 10

[  men ]

as much as ethan did not want to be searching for prom dresses, he saw it as the perfect opportunity to annoy jessica. there was just something about her that just really pissed him off. so if he had the opportunity to annoy her, he would take it in an instant - even if it meant going shopping for prom dresses.

ethan and bella sat next to the window as angela and jessica tried on numerous different dresses. it was obvious neither of those two was into the whole shopping thing, especially ethan.

"i like this one," jessica stated, holding up a pink dress in front of her before holding it against her body, looking in the mirror, "but i don't know about the whole one-shoulder thing," she muttered, observing the dress.

"that's ugly as fuck." ethan muttered, acting as if jessica wasn't supposed to hear it but she definitely was. the dress actually wasn't ugly, ethan knew that, but he knew that it would annoy the girl which right now was the only thing keeping him awake considering the whole thing was boring.

"makes you look like a rat, actually, scratch that. look like one in general." ethan muttered, this time making sure she didn't hear him.

"hm." jessica hummed at the boy, clearly not hearing him but giving him an annoyed look from his previous comment before putting the dress back and moving to find another. "i like this one." angela held up a long pale lavender dress up to her body, observing it just like how jessica had previously done.

"that one's pretty." ethan commented, looking the dress up and down as he inspected it. "you think?" the girl with the glasses questioned with a soft smile which ethan nodded to in response.

as angela and jess continued searching for dresses, ethan turned to bella who seemed to be just as bored as him. "you having fun there, missy?" ethan questioned, noticing her sour facial expression.

"so much fun." bella shook her head with a smile, her tone dripping in sarcasam. ethan had no idea why she chose to tag along, not that he minded or anything. just, what was the point in asking to join if you weren't going to do anything?

angela and jessica now stood side by side in front of the mirror. angela was now wearing the same lavender dress from earlier as jessica was now wearing a new hot pink dress, her hands covered in long white gloves.

"you look great, angela." ethan complimented, a warm genuine smile on his face as he looked at her. "thanks, ethan," she responded, sharing the same warm smile.