15. [ girl talk ]

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

chapter 15

[ girl talk  ]

since ethan had left the few cullens he was with, he had been on the lookout for bella. how she figured it out, ethan had no idea. well, it's not like they were that slick about it, especially edward; that's not the point, however.

the jaylin boy currently had a free lesson and you know who else had a free lesson? bella. it was the perfect opportunity to hunt this girl down and have a nice little talk with her.

personally, i think that sounds a little intimidating but since it is ethan we are talking about, i guess it's okay. besides, he doesn't seem to care.

ethan roamed the halls of the school before entering the library. he was about to give up because quite frankly, his legs were tired despite the fact it had been ten minutes. however, as he walked into the library, his eyes landed on a certain brunette he could recognise from a mile away.

the library was fairly empty as he walked up to her, she had the same book in her hand as the one she had bought from the bookshop only yesterday. "bella." ethan spoke quietly, sitting down beside the girl whose eyes swapped from the book to the boy now beside her as he dumped his backpack onto the ground.

"oh, hey, ethan." she smiled a warm smile, a look of innocence in her eyes. if ethan didn't know any better, he would say bella had no idea that vampires existed based off of her innocent demeanour; he did know better, and he knew that wasn't the case.

"watcha reading there?" ethans plan of action was simple, try to get into the small talk before bringing up the whole 'the cullens are actually vampires' topic. it should be easy considering ethan likes to think he is pretty stealthy and besides, small talk is easy when the two people are already friends, right?

bella smirked slightly as she looked at the boy. ethan had known bella long and well enough to know what that smirk meant, so apparently ethan wasn't as stealthy as he originally thought. "oh, for fucks sake." ethan groaned, knowing his plan had failed within the first ten seconds.

"how the fuck did you catch on?" ethan murmured, not too thrilled about the situation. "you're not exactly slick, ethan." bella grinned widely, clearly finding ethans annoyance amusing in this situation.

"yeah, tell that to your vampy boyfriend." ethan shrugged, leaning back into the chair as he crossed his arms over his chest. "so, how'd you figure it out, huh?" ethan questioned the girl with a raised brow who now closed her book, setting it down on the small desk in front of her.

"well, i was suspicious at first. not eating, not here when it's sunny... edward's mind-reading confession was a bit weird too but i was already suspicious before he said that." she explained before pointing down to her book, "this book is about the supernatural, i bought it so i could find more information about the supernatural, obviously. and, well, they kind of fit the description of vampires pretty well." the girl laughed lightly before looking back at ethan who couldn't help but do the same.