16. [ gay son ]

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

chapter 16

[ gay son  ]

it was a cold and rainy morning in the town of forks, nothing too new. other than the fact today ethan was meeting the cullens today. or more so jasper's foster parents as he had already met everyone else.

he had already met carlisle when he was at the hospital, but it wasn't a proper meet. carlisle was simply doing his job. but today, he was going to be properly introduced to both carlisle and esme.

usually, ethan wouldn't be nervous about these kinds of things. he was pretty confident in himself, as he should be. however, this wasn't just anyone he was meeting. after coming to the realisation he had a crush jasper, the pressure of meeting his parents was growing and growing.

it was around nine in the morning when ethan strolled down the stairs of his household. he had already gotten dressed, brushed his teeth, showered, and all of that stuff. now all that was left was waiting for jaspers arrival.

ethan was absolutely shitting himself; he tried to play it cool, of course.

his eyes landed on his father and mother who were in the kitchen, whereas his younger brother was in the main room, watching tv. "morning," ethan spoke, walking into the kitchen.

his father froze as his jaw dropped open. "ethan owen jaylin, is that really you? awake and dressed at nine in the morning on a saturday?"

"is it really that surprising?" the boy questioned with furrowed brows, was his family's expectations for him really that low? well, he couldn't exactly blame him considering he shocked himself by being able to actually wake up at 9am on a saturday too.

"yes." chris nodded his head, his tone blunt before he went back to burying his head in the newspaper. "what's the special occasion?" his mother, joyce, smiled sweetly at the teenage boy.

"no special occasion, just going to jaspers house." he shrugged; that was the half-truth. it was true he was going to jaspers, he didn't lie about that part. to ethan, going to the cullens house was a special occasion, but he wouldn't admit that to anyone.

it was as if time had frozen as both chris and joyce stared at their son. ethan didn't comment on it, he was used to their weird antics. the two adults shared a look with one another before chris sighed and placed his newspaper down on the table in front of him.

"...what is it?" ethans brows furrowed at his parent's behaviour, "you're acting like i just confessed to shitting in the sink or something."

"sweetie, uh..." his mother trailed off as she looked over to chris who only shook his head. the woman took a deep breath, only causing ethan to be even more confused.

ethan raised his brow at his parent's behaviour, he had never seen them act so... unsure? "are you going to tell me or am i supposed to have some telepathic powers here?"

"ethan. we've actually been meaning to talk to you... are you gay?"

the room fell silent. ethan looked between his mother and father unsure of how to respond. his parents only stared at him, waiting for his answer.

"you couldn't tell he liked guys?" his younger brother waltzed into the room, an empty plate in his hand as he popped it into the sink. "wait, what?" chris furrowed his brows at his youngest son.

"are they blind?" noah looked towards his older brother, a small smirk now playing on ethans lips. "must be." his response only caused confusion on the parent's faces, looking at each other stunned.

the two brothers shared to giggles at their parent's confusion, finding humour in the situation they had found themselves in. "wait, so... you are gay?" chris questioned confusedly.

this only made the boys laugh harder. both joyce and chris felt like idiots, was it really that obvious and they just missed the signs? there was no way... right?

"this isn't funny." joyces' tone was serious as she crossed her arms over her chest. she narrowed her eyes at her two sons, waiting for their laughter to die down but it never happened.

joyce opened her mouth once more, but no words came out as a sudden honk came from outside. "who is that?" chris furrowed his brow, peeping his eyes out the window to see who it was.

"it's jasper," ethan spoke through his laughter before it finally died down, heading towards the door. chris and joyce shared another look as they stood up after their son, "he's here already?"

"mhm," as the feeling of laughter disappeared the feeling of nervousness replaced it. in those short moments, he forgot about the anxiousness he was feeling when he thought about meeting his parents. now he was back to shitting himself.

the jaylin boy walked towards the door with his heart racing. jasper was waiting outside for him and there was no going back now. "you're nervous?" chris picked up, slowly approaching his son.

"no i'm not." ethan could feel the questions bubbling up in his father so without saying a word he quickly walked out of the house, down the stairs and towards jaspers car. he could see jasper waiting in the drivers seat, he looked as good as ever.

ethan quickly slid into the passenger seat and was welcomed with a warm smile from jasper; it just made ethans heart melt. how ethan didn't notice it before, he had no idea. but now, he knew jasper had him absolutely wrapped around his finger.

he felt his heart pick up like never before, "your heart is beating fast." jasper pointed out, his brows slightly furrowed. of course he had noticed that, ethan thought. "are you nervous to meet my parents?" the blonde questioned, his voice warm and soothing just like honey.

"you could say that." ethan shrugged, slouching back into the chair. at this rate, he didn't know whether his heart was beating like this due to the nervousness of meeting his parents, or simply because of jasper himself.

"you know, you're a pretty likeable person. esme already loves you and she hasn't even met you yet." jasper grinned at the boy, a small smirk now appearing on ethans lips. "oh? so you've been talking about me?" ethan teased causing a gentle rumble of laughter to escape jasper.

"it's hard not to. my family loves you." jasper smirked as he got ready to start driving. "i don't know if i feel good that a family of vampires love me, or if i should run away." ethan grinned, putting on his seatbelt as he knew jasper would do it himself if ethan refused - he learnt that the hard way.

jasper looked over at ethan, a smirk plastered on his lips as he spoke, making his tone sound intimidating, "time will tell."

alex speaks

this chapter kind of sucks?? also the recent chapters aren't scenes from the movie (obviously) but they were needed to lead back up to it so next chapter (that or the chapter after) we will be back on track with the movie!

don't be a silent reader !
word count : 1198