17. [ the family ]

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

chapter 17

[  the family  ]

the drive to the cullen's house was full of small talk, jokes and ethan observing his new surroundings. jasper's driving was a lot more calm compared to edwards; he didn't feel like he was going to shit himself every turn.

"and then i was thinking to myself... why do we get dna tests for only the father? it might not be the mother's kid." ethan shrugged with a smug smirk, somehow pleased with his words whereas jasper looked at him distraught.

jasper turned his eyes back to the road, a chuckle of disbelief leaving his lips whilst he shook his head, "you know, i'm starting to think instead of blondes being dumb, it's brunettes. you're a great example." jasper chuckled once more as ethan only furrowed his brows.

"what's the supposed to mean?" ethan questioned with a scoff, looking down at his busted-up sneaks as he muttered to himself, "what does that mean?"

"seriously? not the mother's kid? you're funny, ethan." jasper smirked at the boy as the words finally settled into ethans brain, "oh, fuck off!" ethan groaned whilst he attempted to keep the smirk off his lips.

"you said it, not me." jasper shrugged as the car came to a slow stop. ethan allowed his coffee-like eyes to adventure their way over to the house in front - the boy could physically feel his eyes widen with surprise.

"you're joking?" ethans gaze quickly flew to jasper as if he couldn't fathom the fact someone's house could actually look like this. "you don't live here." the jaylin boy tried to deny, although it's impossible to deny the truth.

the house was gorgeous. it was perfectly rectangular and the walls consisted of more windows than it did wood, allowing any curious eyes to wander themselves inside. nature was clearly taking it's course as vines wrapped themselves delicately around certain parts, noticing its beauty and not wanting to scratch the rough yet smooth surface.

ethan hadn't even noticed himself climbing out of the car, his eyes too captivated on the impeccable site in front. the top and bottom half were coated in a layer of black paint, and the middle exposed its wooden structure where a balcony was perched off to the side. it almost made ethan feel ashamed of his small house that was coated in a hideous shade of green.

"it's even better inside." jasper sneaked up behind the boy, his voice low as he quietly spoke into the boy's ear, guiding him by his shoulder to the front door.

without word, jasper opened the glass door allowing ethan to step foot inside. his eyes scanned the house which was beautifully furnished with all kinds of decor. "what, no coffins?" ethan grinned, finding his joke somewhat amusing.