Chapter 2

Rain pounded against the windows, as though asking to come in and lightning struck the ground, angrily. Bright blue flashes made the sky light up, so brightly that it looked almost like it was the middle of the day. Thunder clapped as loud as a whip hitting concrete, causing the earth to shake. The storm was ruthless and was not afraid to bring trees to the ground and make the water splash against the land in anguish.

But despite the early hours of the morning and the storm raging outside, movement could be seen inside the large, isolated house. A small boy, no older than six, was creeping down the hallway, a long blue blanket draped over his shoulders. His golden blonde hair ruffled from having been asleep and his clothes wrinkled. His blue eyes drooped, sleepily as he tiptoed through the house, careful not to make any noise so as to not disturb the other individuals who were sleeping.

The boy had made it to his destination and his pale hand made its appearance through the folds in the blanket to grasp the silver door handle in front of him. The door creaked open, loudly and the boy entered. The room was dark except for the occasional flashes of lighting that lit up the room. A large bed stood in the middle of the floor where a man was sleeping.

"Phil?" The boy whispered, as quietly as he could, to the figure in the bed. But he seemed not to hear him. The boy called again, slightly louder this time.

The figure stirred and then sat up, adjusting his shirt. He looked, sleepily, at his son standing in the doorway. The man's hair was the same golden color as the small boy and he had the same blue eyes. They were nearly identical.

"What is it, Tommy?"Phil's tone was not annoyed or angry for being woken up but instead soft and kind.

The man's large black wings beat softly a few times as he yawned. Phil motioned for Tommy to sit on the bed.

"Can I sleep here?" Tommy asked, his body quivering slightly as though he were cold. "I don't like the loud noise and—and the flashes."

Phil kissed the top of his head and nodded, lying back down. Tommy snuggled in next to him and wrapped the blanket tighter around himself. He rested his head on his father's shoulder and yawned, sleepily. Phil stretched out his black obsidian wings and wrapped them around his son, as he began to fall asleep.

------------

The next morning, rain was still falling but the thunder and lightning had ceased. All was quiet except for the pit-pat of rain on the windows and the wind howling around the house. Technoblade was the first to wake up and he lay in the sitting room, reading and waiting for his brothers and father to wake.

About ten minutes later, Tommy ran into the room, his blanket trailing behind him. Techno didn't glance up from his book but he knew that Tommy was there. It was impossible for Tommy to come into a room without anyone knowing he was there.

"Hey, Techno!" Tommy climbed up on the couch in front of his older brother. "Wanna see how high I can jump?"

He bounced up and down on the cushions waiting for Techno's answer. But he was not interested in Tommy's skill of bouncing on the couch.

"No," Techno said, finally looking up from his book. "Phil told you not to jump on the couch several times anyway."

Tommy bounced down, crossing his legs and pouting. But Techno showed no sympathy and simply went back to his reading. But Tommy suddenly stopped and turned back to Techno.

"I'm hungry," Tommy said, bouncing again. Techno ignored him. "Can we make cookies?"

Tommy grinned up at his brother. He loved baking and always was asking Wilbur and Techno to help him.