Seniority

BLAM! BLAM!

Rin fired a series of shock cannon blasts at Dauntless Sabre. But the IS lived up to its name as you weaved through the fire getting closer and closer. Once positioned just right, you returned fire with Commando. Some of the plasma bolts landed a hit on her machine as she darted left and shot more.

"I can't shake this guy!" You could hear her shout in frustration, heard over the growling tone of a missile lock. It was mostly thanks to Ichika commenting during breakfast that you and Rin had not actually finished the fight. That drone had interrupted that one. So the two of you went at it to settle the score. Only now you had even more experience.

'Fox two! Fox two!' You thought as you fired. Thinking it gave Rin a little less warning, at least if she did not have a lock warning sound . ShenLong was forced onto the defensive again. Until she chose a more unorthodox strategy.

"I'm not done yet!" She closed in with the bladed staff. Sabre destroyed the missiles so that you would not get hit too, while you drew the plasma sword to meet the charge. You barely held it back one handed. She was so focused on the blade lock that she did not notice your other hand.

BLAM!

"Ahhhhhhh!" Rin went flying from a shot gun blast, skipping off the ground.

"You just got Sarge'd!" You taunted, switching back to Commando and reconfiguring it to Paveway II. Rin quickly darted around to avoid the splash damage from IS sized grenades. Or rather the worst of it.

.....

"The first training battle of the second term. These two are enthusiastic."  Yamada commented.

"Uh huh." Chifuyu acknowledged.

"And once again, (L/n) is the dominant one in the battle."

"Can't argue with that."

"Looks like your training is paying off Miss."

"Not really." Chifuyu shook her head. "Kid should have ended this already."

.......

Rin panted while you hovered there, weapons ready.

"Shall we end this?"

Dauntless Sabre and Shenlong met each other in the middle, plasma clashing with shielded titanium. Rin forced a blade lock, each pushing against the other. But if there was one thing Chifuyu emphasized in those punishment exercises when melee was involved, it was merely pushing in a blade lock was stupid.

So you released one hand off the plasma sword and threw a punch, the Raptor wrist blade engaged. Rin shouted, and multiple signals from both parties showed that Shenlong's shields had been depleted including the buzzer.

"Chalk up another one Sabre." You said in triumph.

"Affirmative. However, victory is not official match or mission,therefore mark cannot be applied."

On the wrist gauntlets, a small dark grey tally group was present. Each tally marked a victory or kill. So that was the one against Cecilia, a shared kill with Rin and Cecelia, a mark for winning the doubles match,p especially against Laura, and a mark for the Silver Gospel. All you would need was another one and you would in your mind reach a coveted aviation title: Ace.

......

This thought occupied your mind as you disembarked, went back to the locker room and changed back into uniform. But when you were getting ready to tie your shoes when your eyes were suddenly covered and the cool touch of hands could be felt.