Introduction

Hello!

I should have just stuck to daydreaming. But here we are.

This entire piece is a work of fiction. Some names of places and things have been fictionalised (listed below).

Warning: This story contains profanity, sexual content and adult themes. Please continue only if you are above 18 years of age. It does not have explicit triggers, but there is mild non-consent. If you are uncomfortable with any scene, please discontinue reading.

If you like the story, great!

If you do not like the story, still great!

If you wish to leave a comment, be kind.

If you spot any mistakes or errors, I would really appreciate it if you can leave me a comment so I can correct it.

***

List of Hindi/Indian words that have been used in the story and their meaning - in alphabetical order.

arre: used to express annoyance, surprise, or interest, or to attract someone's attention.

attar: a perfume or essential oil obtained from flowers or certain barks of wood.

bhabhiji: sister-in-law. 

bhaiya/bhaijaan: brother, friend. used in address as an expression of friendship.

dupatta: a length of material worn arranged in two folds over the chest and thrown back around the shoulders, typically with a salwar kameez, by women from South Asia.

ghee: clarified butter made from the milk of a buffalo or cow, used in South Asian cooking.

ji: as a standalone, used as a response.

-ji: as a suffix, used with names and titles to show respect. 

kurta: a loose collarless shirt with slits up both sides, with length ranging from hips to below knees, worn by both men and women.

paan: betel leaves prepared and used as a stimulant.

parantha: an unleavened Indian wheat bread that is usually fried on a griddle and can be stuffed with vegetables.

***

List of fictitious words/names that have been used in the story and their meaning - in alphabetical order.

Bandhargaj: a dry, dusty village somewhere deep in the bowels of arid lands, known for rampant patriarchy and exquisite embroidery.

Burakh: a beautiful small town somewhere far up north, nestled between snow-laden mountains, known for gorgeous people, butter tea and mosaic pottery.

kash: a distant cousin of cannabis, used as a stimulant.

Kesari: a small city, somewhere that our main male character (MMC) needed to deliver his shipment.

Khora: a tiny residential town that boasts of a petrol pump, a hotel and an ATM, that our female main character (FMC) was staying in.

Lakhda: a border that leads to Khora.

Teen Dabba: teen (tin), dabba (container) - a speck on the map, named after a tin factory.