5. Death

"You forgot the chains ?"
I hissed at Lockwood as soon as Lucy left.
"Don't blame me ."
He hissed back.
"If George and you were professional, I weren't distracted and then I wouldn't have forgotten."
Unbelievable.
"Oh please !"
I threw my hands in the air while searching trough the room.
"You can't be mad at me because my best friend was there for me as I was upset."
"You were upset ? Why ?"
I felt Lockwoods eyes staring at me.
"Doesn't matter ."
I murmured while avoiding his gaze.
"Why didn't you tell me ?"
He asked. His voice was low, well lower then usual.
"You normally talk to me about your problems ."
Well my new problems , not my damage from my past. I shrugged with my shoulders.
"George just was there ."
"I was too."
Before I could answer, we heard Lucy's voice .
"Lockwood !"
I turned around and run out , hearing the stress in her voice. She sounded almost terrified. My breath stopped as I saw the ghost of a beautiful women flowing right in front of us.

"You got anything from her ?"
Lockwood asked in a calm voice , while my heart seem to beat a 1000 times faster then it should.
No wonder that he was the leader of Lockwood&Co and not me.
"Haven't tried ."
"Why not have a go before she comes closer ?"
Excellent Idea Anthony.
Excellent.
If this wouldn't be a hella dangerous right now , I would have scoffed . I grabbed my saber , holding it I front of me. While Lockwood and Lucy talked about the feelings of the fucking ghost , I tried my best to not drown in them.
I hated to be a feeler.
I felt like throwing up.
Not just the foot from the last days , but everything in my body. My heart felt her pain and she seemed to have a lot of that. More then I could imagine .
Her eyes focused on me , as if she was trying to tell me something. But I couldn't even see clear anymore as a quiet sob left my lips.
Just make this stop.
Just let this feeling stop.
At this point , I wasn't even sure if it was my or her voice inside my head. And suddenly , I fell backwards . If I wouldn't have grabbed one piece of the stair , that was still attached to the ground , I would have fallen to the ground . Now I was dangling in the air and that was absolutely horrible.
I hated highs .
I never liked them .
I watched as the ghost first got closer to Lucy and then turned around to face me.
Just let's get over it .
Do it, touch me .
At least I wouldn't die from falling .
Dark thoughts , I know.

The ghost screamed as Lockwoods saber flew trough it. I watched as it disappeared and then as Lucy got pulled up from Lockwood .
She grabbed him in disbelief, probably trying to understand what just happened , while he held her.
God , I will fall .
I don't want to die .
Not yet .
Please , whatever religion is real , please let me life .
I am not done yet.
I haven't done so many things .
I didn't live yet .
Please , I want to live.
My fingers started to slip and if seemed like I felt my life leaving me.
"Lockwood."
He didn't hear me . My left hand slipped , just my right hand was still holding in.
"Anthony, please ."
I whimpered as I felt my finger slip again. Finally his head snapped towards me .
"Hel !"
He pushed Lucy away from himself and run towards me but he was too late . My last fingers slipped and I felt how I fall. But In the last second he grabbed my hand .
"I have you , I have you ."
He tried to sound calm , but he didn't .
"Pull me up !
Please , just pull me up."
I felt hot tears streaming down my cheeks, making them burn like fire. He did , what I said and the second both of my feet's touched the ground I left a sob from me.
Lockwoods cold arms wrapped around me .
"It's okay , I got you.
I got you Hel."
His hand caressed my back .
"I pulled you up."
But first you got Lucy.

"She faded before she reached the wall, but that's where she was headed."
The flashlight was pointing towards a picture on a wall. I stood there silently , doing nothing while Lucy made a circle around us . I still stood there while they started to destroy the wall.
My head was empty .
I felt nothing .
Shouldn't I feel something right now ? I mean I was closer to death the to live in the last few minutes . I was so , so close to death.
"This walls been replastered."
Lockwoods noticed .
"Careful , you broke the circle ."
Lucy kneeled down and started to rearrange it. Again , I just stood there.
"Oops ."
I scoffed at his answer .
Yes Oops Lockwood , just kill us.
Totally fine .

But suddenly the nothing was away and I wished me nothing more then get it back. Because this feeling was cold , ice cold . I looked around the room to finde the cause of my discomfort .
And ... I found it .
In the Right corner of the room , I could see the ghost manifesting again. It was probably triggered by us , trying to find the corpse .
"She's back."
I whispered , seeing how Lucy nodded . I flinched as the doors around us slammed shut . Lucy beside me gasped .
"Boring !
You've done that already. Try something new , why don't you ?"
"You want to kill me today , don't you ?"
I looked at Lockwood in disbelief . He definitely gone mad at some point .
"You both should come down, you trigger her . She's already mad enough ."
And you tell me that ?
I feel her feeling , you just hear her .
Like shut up girl .
I bite my lip , so I couldn't let out an rude comment .
Lockwood ignored her comment and kept hitting the wall.
"Nearly there ."
He confirmed .
"Hurry up."
Lucy sounded stressed.
And I , again, just stood there .