18. Dreamworld

As I woke up, Woody was still laying under me. One of his arms , wrapped around my waist , the other laying over his head. I think I never saw him prettier . Normally his face was hard, always worried but right now he looked peaceful.
Man , I have a problem.
If this would be my dreamworld, I would lay here forever. Not aging. No time passing. No problems. Just Woody and me , bundled up and cuddling because for the first time in forever , I feel no pain. No pain in my leg and no pain inside of me. The hole, which my friends left, still not filled but someone has put tape over it, at least closing it.

I closed my eyes again, breathing deep in. Woody , even though it sounds weird, smells like home for me. Like old books and coffee.
The butterfly's in my stomach erupted, realizing that right now I'm in Lockwoods arms.
I wish I could stay with him forever . That he would love me and grow old with me.

However this was not my dreamworld. So I slowly entangled myself from Lockwood, making sure to not wake him. As I finally laid his arm on his chest, I stood up and made my way to my room, to change my clothes. After that I went to the kitchen, surprised to find Lucy already there.
"Morning Lucy."
I smiled at her but she looked rather unhappy.
"Is everything alright ?"
She kept looking at me before she finally answered.
"Are you and Lockwood an item?"
I almost flinched at her question.
"Excuse me ?"
"You and Lockwood. I saw you on the couch. You looked rather comfortable."
And now I wished that I never stood up from it.
I cleared my throat, while walking to the cupboard to get myself a cup.
"No , we're not."
I watched Lucy closely. My heart pounding with an emotion , I despised . Jealousy.
"Why're you asking ?"
"Oh just curiosity."
Oh fuck you, as if. I needed every thing of me to not scoff at her. Little Miss Lockwood came out of her room as a ghost almost murderer me. Little Miss Lockwood saved her first , while I was literally this close to death.

Thinking about it , Lockwood did probably like her more. I mean yeah we cuddled but I was hurt and Lockwood probably didn't knew how to turn me down. God , I'm really a slave of my emotions. Pathetic.

"It's a rather weird question."
I pressured , eying her.
"I'm just trying to show interest. I mean I'm a part of the team now ."
Looking back the candidates before her were rather pleasingly. I'm wondering if they're still searching for a position.

As if someone has summoned him, Georgie appeared. I love him so much.
"George !"
My voice sounded unnatural high, making George raise his brow.
"You're good ?"
"Yes yes , just happy to see you. You want a coffee?"
"No thank you."
He still looked at me.
"Why are you acting so weird ?"
I cursed him in my head , casting a Quick Look at Lucy, who smiled in an innocent disgusting way.
"You know what, I just go upstairs to eat. You're all asking me to many questions."

"No you're not."
I flinched as Lockwood appeared . Now dressed in a fresh suit . I scoffed.
"Sorry Hel, but I need to speak to you all.. now."