10. Fire me

I stood in the middle of the floor, while Lockwood and Lucy stood at the door. Well... this is awkward.
Maybe I should have stayed with Annabelle.
Joking guys, I'm joking.
Finally Georgys door opened again and he came outside, wearing any type if weapon we have , but still no pants.
"All that and still no trousers?"
Lockwood eyes George from his toes to his head.
"Trousers are for wimps."
I sighed, not wanting to be here and started to climb up the stairs.
"You're the only one without a weapon!"
I heard Lockwood. I scoffed.
"Weapons are for wimps."

I looked around, feeling ... absolutely nothing.
"I don't feel anything."
"Same from me."
George nodded.
"And I don't see anything."
Lockwood agreed.
"She was here."
How would you know ? It's not like you were in your room.
"But after that she was in mine."
My voice sounded pissed and I was in fact too. What the hell was this ghost doing here?

Lockwood sighed before he made the first step into Lucy's room.
"You both woke up with her flooding over you?"
"Yeah."
Lucy agreed, while I looked around.
"Hel ?"
I didn't answer.
"It makes no sense that she'd be here. We contained her source. Covered her body with a silver net."
I scoffed.
"Seems like it didn't work, Anthony."
"But why ?"
George looked at me confused.
"How did she even get in here? It's not as if her source is inside the house."
"Lucy ?"
I hear Lockwoods confusion but I was stopped, feeling the overwhelming feeling of fear overcoming me.
"She's back."
I whispered.

We watched as her ghost appeared and disappeared several times until...
"George. Don't move."
Lockwoods voice shook a bit.
"Please tell me, it's a wasp."
"Sure."
My voice was shaken too.
"It's just a wasp Georgie, just ... don't move."
"Stand perfectly still."
"NO MOVE."
I screamed as I realized what was her plan. George jumped forward landing on top of me. I let out a scream, as his foot hit my injured leg, which I kind of forgot thanks to the adrenaline. We both fell, my head hitting the floor.
"Not a wasp then."
I groaned as I pushed George away from me. I will resign after this. My whole body was shaking as I pushed myself on my deets again.
I didn't really hear anything anymore, just my own blood rushing trough my veins. It sounded like I was standing at a beach and the water was just reaching my feet's.

I flinched as suddenly Annabelle was right in front of my face. The others didn't seem to notice but she didn't seem to want to hurt me. I started to feel different again. The happiness from her over taking me.
She smiled , almost nicely.
"Hi."
I whispered. She opened her moth and...
"HEL watch out !"
Lockwood threw his chains at her, making her and the happiness disappear.
Now my back was pressed against Lucy's. What ring are they talking about ? What did I miss ?
"Well, we need to contain it."
I stopped turning as her ghost appeared again.

"Oh shit."
George and I whispered at the same moment.
"George , switch."
Lockwood took the saber, while I still had no weapon.
"Get behind me, hold the chains ."
"Watch out !"
"I got her !"
"George throw anything !
Everything that you have !"
And I once again ... just stood there.

"I didn't know it was the source. I just took it because..."
My head was pounding. My leg hurt. I'm tired.
All in all I want sleep and that right now.
"It's like I can feel what she feels."
"Well that nothing new for me."
I murmured, feeling Lockwoods eye burning into my head. What ? I'm part of Lockwood&Co too, just because I'm not his favorite it didn't mean I cant say what I want. Asshole.
I heard them fighting and fighting and discussing until I finally had enough.
"... But this time we make it firmly."
I slammed my fist in the table, all eyes turning to me.
"No."
"What y-."
"Shut up Lockwood."
If looks could kill, he would be dead.
"I'm talking now. We will not do anything right now. I want to sleep and I will not sleep while you play around with ghosts. In fact maybe I won't even be in the house while you do it. I'm so sick of you playing gods."
I looked at Lockwood and George.
"And risking my life while doing it . So tomorrow morning I will decide if I want to be in the house while you test it and until then NOBODY."
I looked at Lucy.
"Will do ANYTHING.
Alright ?
Good night."
I just wanted to leave as Lockwood, being the person he is, stopped me.
"No. You both may leave but Hel I want to talk to you."
I sighed, lunching on my stool again. I watched as George and Lucy left , both starring at me.

"What?"
I asked , as we were alone.
"What's going on?"
Lucy was in your room.
"Nothing."
"Hel."
"Lockwood."
"You can't act like you just did."
He stared at me as I sighed.
"You want to fire me?"
"What?"
"I ask if you want to fire me?"
"No of course not."
I smiled sarcastically.
"Wonderful, then I don't see a reason we should be talking. God Night... Boss."
I pushed myself up, wincing at the pain erupting trough my body but I kept it in me. I made my way to my room and as my head hit my pillow U started to sob. This night I slept in while crying my heart out.