14. Staying

"We need to track down Hugo Blake."
George tried to get the attention back to our file. However my mind will now and forever stay with the hottest moment in my life . Lockwood saying you need a latter AHHHH. No way Georgie could beat that with his boring plans of killing us.

"There's something else Hel and I need to do."
Do we ? I looked confused at Woody, who seemed quiet confident in his act.
"How about you two grab dinner?"
He took out his wallet and gave Lucy the money before grabbing my hand and pulling me along.
As I looked back I could see the confused looks on George's and Lucy's faces, matching my expression.
Lockwood however confidently marched in a direction , his long legs making it almost impossible to follow him. My foot was still hurting , so walking quickly made me wince. 
"Is your foot still hurting?"
Lockwood looked at me in concern, now slowing down slightly to make it easier to follow.
"Mmh it's alright. It's not that bad ."
I smiled at him, trying to lighten the mood. My hand was still holding his, making butterfly's appear in my stomach. I know , I shouldn't feel them but I seem not to be able to shake them off and I would certainly not be the one to complain of him holding it.

"You're not curious , where we're going?"
I shrugged with my shoulders.
"I mean yeah but I'm confident that you won't kill me, so I would follow you almost everywhere."
"Almost ?"
"I would never go in George's room without knocking. The man seriously needs to wear more pants."
"Understandable point."
It was silent between the two of us, our fingers intertwined , my heart beating fast.
"Listen Woody."
He rolled his eyes at the Nick name , making me smirk.
"I totally trust you and all of this but where we going ?"
"We need to buy something."
"Buy ? Isn't the whole we nearly kill ourself thing so we get enough money to stay together ?"
I raised my eyebrow at the boy in front of me.
"Yes yes, but who cares ?"
"Well I do. I have no where to go when the agency closes."

Lockwood stops abruptly, looking at me confused.
"What do you mean ?"
"Well... it's complicated with my family and ... where am I supposed to go? I don't think anyone will take me in and I don't have money to rent something."
"Why would you leave the house ?"
"Because I wouldn't work for you anymore and with that I'm obviously not allowed to live there anymore."
I tilted my head confused while Lockwood started to laugh.
"Sometimes I wonder how someone as smart as you can be so incredibly dumb."
"HEY!"
I looked at him offended.
"Hel."
He smiled at me as he pushed one strand of hair out of my vision.
"I would never kick you out. Never. Do you understand me ? If we need to close, which we won't, you will stay with me and George of course."
"And Lucy ?"
I asked. I hated myself for mentioning that name because as soon as I did Lockwood pulled his hand away from mine. As if I reminded him of someone he truly liked.
"Lucy of course too."