"Don't Spend The Block" 🙅🏽‍♀

Coco's P.O.V.

I cannot believe I sat there and texted with a whole stranger right before I was due on stage in Detroit. My ex-girlfriend, Chlöe Bailey, was on my mind because someone had told me she was also doing a show in Detroit. And the venue wasn't far away from where I was performing. Can't lie....I wanted to at least see her. But my manager, Lauren, said I needed to stay focused on my career and stop worrying about Chlöe. But I still cared a lot about her...

"You have to learn how to let certain things go and really move on. Especially since you're the one who wanted to end things", Lauren said as she was helping me get ready.

"I didn't WANT to. It's just that we kept arguing about a lot of shit. Like she would get mad when I was in the studio and didn't have much time to spend with her. But then when she was the one in the studio for hours it was a different story. We just couldn't seem to have enough alone time. Then there was the issue of her not wanting our relationship to be known due to her still being in the closet. I'm openly gay. So how the hell was being with a down low lesbian going to work for me? The relationship wasn't going anywhere, Lauren", I explained.

"Look, you know I get it. I've been there, done that. But that's all the more reason for you not to try to reach out to her. If you see her somewhere, cool. Be cordial...but don't spend the block!", Lauren advised.

I sighed. "I guess you're right. Beyoncé said I should reach out to her on social media though... "

"Who the hell is Beyoncé?!", Lauren asked.

"Oh...so I tried to text Chlöe...turns out she changed her number. So I ended up texting with the girl who has her old number. Her name is Beyoncé", I explained.

"Ma'am....why the hell are you texting some stranger about your personal life! She's probably going to share the text messages between you two on social media and then Chlöe's sexuality will be outed! You don't need this drama right now, Coco. Not while you're number one on the charts, on a sold out tour and also on a popular TV show!", Lauren fussed.

"Lo....RELAX! Do you really think I was dumb enough to tell her who I am?", I asked.

"Well you told her about Chlöe", Lauren replied.

"Lauren, be for real... Do you know how many females have that name? I didn't tell her I was talking about Chlöe Bailey. Nor did I reveal who I am to her", I replied.

"You still don't need to text random strangers, venting to them and shit!", Lauren exclaimed.

"Maybe you're right....I'll delete her number and block her after my show tonight", I stated.

"As you should! I gotta keep you safe, mama. Now let's get you out on that stage", Lauren said.

_____________________________________

"Great show, Coco! Get some rest. We have to catch a flight out of here early tomorrow morning", Lauren said before she left my hotel suite.

After I showered, I poured myself some wine, turned on some music, climbed into bed and began to scroll on social media. I was tempted to slide in Chlöe's DMs. But while I was contemplating it, I received a text...

Beyoncé: "I hope you sleep well tonight! 😊"

I forgot that I was supposed to delete her number and block her. But I just couldn't do it. She's too adorable!

Courtney: "I hope so too because currently I can't sleep! 😭"

Beyoncé: "Me either! Mainly because one of my roommates just got home from a party and she's telling me all these stories about who she was freak dancing with on the dance floor...😑"