"The Plan" 💡

Author's Note: In this chapter, Professor Rowe is the singer, Sza....

________
____________

Beyoncé's P.O.V.

I sent Courtney a "good morning" text as soon as I opened my eyes. She did respond promptly but begged me not to be upset if I didn't hear from her a lot that day. She said she would be super busy and probably wouldn't be able to really text with me until after ten p.m. So after she texted me that, I didn't feel confident enough to ask her to facetime with me. I figured it would be inconsiderate to bug her about that on a day where she barely had time to breathe.

"Girl....fuck all that!! Ask her", Normani said as we walked to our newspaper writing class.

"Girl, I'm too nervous to facetime with her anyway! Can't I just let her be whomever she is and just keep her as my texting buddy. My momma said that when she was a kid in the 90s, she had a penpal. Her eighth grade teacher had her and her classmates exchange letters with kids from South Africa. She never met her penpal in person, but she just loved exchanging letters with her. Just like I simply love texting with Courtney", I stated.

"Beyoncé, that's sweet and all. But aren't you just a little bit curious to know rather or not Courtney is really Coco Jones?", Normani asked.

"Ok....maybe I am a little curious. But I just can't fathom her being Coco Jones. There's just no way, Normani", I replied.

Our teacher for that class, Professor Rowe, walked into the room and greeted us all. Then proceeded to tell us something major....

"So before we get started with today's project, I have some exciting news! There will be a concert here next month. And you each will be granted the opportunity of interviewing the performers on that night", Professor Rowe informed us with a smile.

"Wait....are you talking about REAL singers and rappers or like just local artists here in Houston?", a male student asked.

"Real singers and rappers, actually! The lineup for that special night is going to be Ice Spice, H.E.R., Victoria Monet, Lucky Daye, Kendrick Lamar, ChlöexHalle, Doja Cat, Trevor Jackson and Coco Jones", Professor Rowe replied.

"Coco Jones?!", I exclaimed.

"Yes! I'm excited to see her too, girl!", Professor Rowe said cheerfully.

"No cap, Professor Rowe?! We really get to interview all those famous people?!", Normani asked.

"I wouldn't lie about this! All journalism majors at TSU will be granted the opportunity to ask each celebrity questions. Or just the ones you wish to ask questions. You don't have to interview them all if you don't want. But keep in mind that these young ladies and gentlemen are used to being interviewed by many reporters at a time. So you won't overwhelm them at all. It's what they do for a living. You can even pair up with a partner of your choice if that makes you more comfortable while interviewing them", Professor Rowe replied.

So of course Normani and I decided to pair up! After Professor Rowe's class, I told Normani that I had an idea.

"So, for now I won't bug Courtney to facetime me. Since Coco Jones will be here next month, I have a plan on how to find out if she's my little texting buddy or not", I said.

"What's the plan?", Normani asked.

"So, the night of the concert when we interview Coco Jones, I'll tell her that I have a friend with the same name as her that would love to say hello. I'll facetime Courtney. If Coco's phone doesn't ring, then we'll know that Courtney is really just a random chick named Courtney. Not Coco Jones", I explained.