Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The summoning

My name?

"What is my name?"

No one's POV:

The waves crashed to the shore, and birds chirped. It had just stopped raining.

A man sitting on the edge of a cliff, the wind blowing his cape. A small orange ball stumbles down to where the man was. A young demi-human chased her ball down to where the man is. The man looks down at the ball, picks it up, and hands it to the girl.

The sun showed itself behind the clouds.

.

.

.

A man with short black hair, wakes up, showing his sharp green eyes. His room is messy, filled with what seems to be manga and his computer is on. He scratches his head, "Talk about weird dreams." He said to himself.

My name is Iwatani Naofumi.

I'm a slightly geeky university sophomore, He walks to his computer to log out of the game he had left on. Goes to move his curtains, only to be blinded by the sun's rays.

My eyes... It's a sunny day?

I saved my kid brother from himself when he decided to try out the thug life, he walks out of his room.

So my family lets me stay at home and gives me an allowance. I could live my geek life without a job.

.

He takes a walk to the public library, while walking there a girl bumped into him and just brushed it off walking to her friends.

At the same time, I wasn't a shut-in, so when I spent a bit more than I should have, I'd hit the library to check out some light novels.

"The book is in place, and so is the target," Someone nearby whispered.

I was just your average run-of-the-mill geek, he reached for a book and took it by the top, and pulled 3-4 other books with it making it hit his head. "Ow!"

A red book catches his eye, " 'The Records of the Four Cardinal Weapons' Man, what the heck?

...Until I picked up that book.

"The Four Cardinal Weapons?" He opens the book reading it out, "Four heroes summoned from the other worlds to save us from the waves of Apocalyptic Catastrophe... Reads like a light novel." He smiled, "Each hero bore his weapon: The Sword, The Spear, The Bow, and The Shield... Hold on, a shield isn't a weapon... Come on, where do the cute girls show up?"

"They show up if you continue reading it," A brown-haired girl with dark purple eyes stood beside him. "Sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt your reading, I just really love that book."

"It's fine, do you want it?" He closed it.

"No you can read it, I've read it more times than I can count." She smiled, "Call me V," she said before leaving.

He turned to the page he was on, revealing a princess. "The princess is a total bitch... Wow, Each hero has some cool stuff about him," he flips through the pages. "So all four are the main character?"